Free agent LaMarcus Aldridge was floored in a good way by Houston’s presentation, according to Mike Bresnahan (LA Times).
LaMarcus Aldridge has finished up meetings with the Lakers, Rockets, Spurs, and Suns, and Houston GM Daryl Morey seems to have done a good job selling Aldridge on the franchise.
More from Houston Rockets
- Houston Rockets and Texans: Two different coaches with one glaring similarity
- Houston Rockets: Dig in, make threes, win series
- Houston Rockets: The time to make a statement is now
- Houston Rockets: Rest Russell Westbrook for remainder of the OKC series
- Houston Rockets: G2: What has put the team in driver’s seat against OKC
According to Adrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo Sports), the Spurs impressed Aldridge the most, though the Rockets are a close second. The difference between Houston and San Antonio has to do with their rosters. Houston’s superstars are both young and in their prime, whereas San Antonio’s stars will retire soon. However, San Antonio has done a great job bringing back key players Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green this offseason.
Aldridge still plans on meeting with the New York Knicks and Dallas Mavericks but both teams appear to be on the outside looking in. The Lakers are all but out and the Suns are likely placing third right now for Aldridge’s services.
We should have a decision from LaMarcus Aldridge in the coming days.
Stick with us here at House of Houston for all your Rockets offseason coverage.