Mar 23, 2015; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Houston Rockets forward Joey Dorsey (8) reacts to being called for a foul and is called for a technical for arguing the call against the Indiana Pacers at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Houston defeats Indiana 110-100. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
Drop: Joey Dorsey
With the emergence of Clint Capela and Donatas Motiejunas’s apability of playing center, the Rockets will no longer need Joey Dorsey. The 31-year old played solid defense and rebounded the ball well but is too much of a liability on the offensive end.
More from Houston Rockets
- Houston Rockets and Texans: Two different coaches with one glaring similarity
- Houston Rockets: Dig in, make threes, win series
- Houston Rockets: The time to make a statement is now
- Houston Rockets: Rest Russell Westbrook for remainder of the OKC series
- Houston Rockets: G2: What has put the team in driver’s seat against OKC
At the time of his signing last offseason the Rockets were in need of a backup center. They just simply don’t need him now. It’s always good to have players like him for depth, but Houston would fare just fine without him and could use the $1 million he’s getting paid.
Like Papanikolaou, expect Dorsey to be included in a trade this offseason.
Stick with us at House of Houston for all your Rockets off-season coverage.
More from House of Houston
- Are you the 2021 FanSided Sports Fan of the Year?
- Houston Texans: 4 reasons Romeo Crennel is right coach right now
- Astros-Twins Wild Card Series: 5 things to know as MLB postseason begins
- Houston Texans: The Most Underrated Sports Drought Ever
- Houston Texans: J.J. Watt’s early case for NFL Hall of Fame