Every Monday as we head towards the NFL Draft, we will have a poll to see which draft prospect you want the Houston Texans to select in May’s NFL Draft. We will bring you the latest articles, tweets, big boards, and mock drafts regarding each prospect as we come closer to the Texans first overall selection.
To check out last week’s articles and poll, click here.
- Mike Mayock’s (NFL.com) takeaways from the NFL Combine the last few days.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) on Teddy Bridgewater.
- Bob McGinn (Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel) on all the draft prospects.
- Stephen White (SBNation) on Jadeveon Clowney.
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report) says the Texans would take Bortles if the draft were today.
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated) on Derek Carr.
- Chase Goodbread (NFL.com) on what we learned from Day 2 of the Combine.
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout) on the quarterbacks at the Combine.
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on Blake Bortles.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) on Brett Favre’s thoughts about Johnny Manziel.
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated) on Teddy Bridgewater.
I’ve been saying it since Bill O’Brien was hired but QB Blake Bortles looks like the clear favorite to be drafted No. 1 by HOU #NFLCombine
— Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) February 23, 2014
Johnny Manziel’s short shuttle (4.03) is second best since ’06 for QBs. Behind Matt Scott’s 3.99 — Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) February 23, 2014
“I want to be No.1 in the draft. I want to be the best. I want to be 1 of the greatest of all time.” Jadeveon Clowney at the Combine today
— NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) February 23, 2014
Interesting RT @JohnMiddlekauff: Twitter is MUCH higher than NFL teams on Bridgewater. I won’t be shocked to see him drop out of the top 10
— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) February 23, 2014
Perspective on Clowney’s 21 reps? BP measures strength & endurance not explosiveness. Peppers (24), Quinn (22), Pierre-Paul (19) at Combine.
— Rob Rang (@RobRang) February 23, 2014
Dee Ford says Clowney “plays like he’s a blind dog in a meat house.” Yes, Monday’s drills just got that much more interesting. — Rich Eisen (@richeisen) February 23, 2014
Johnny Manziel’s hand size just short of 10 inches (9 7/8) very much a positive. All-weather size. Can control ball, throwing & handling — Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) February 21, 2014
Bill Polian describes Jadeveon Clowney as once in generation pass rusher and invokes Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Julius Peppers.
— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) February 20, 2014
Ahmad Dixon on Bortles: “A big physical guy. Outstanding QB. Can’t bring him down with arm tackle. Good runner, 2. He’ll do it n NFL, 2.”
— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) February 23, 2014
The #Texans strength coach? He was with Clowney at South Carolina and the two are “very close” per one source. Worth noting.
— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) February 22, 2014
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout)
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report)
- Rob Rang (NFLDraftScout)
- Mel Kiper Jr. (ESPN)
- Todd McShay (ESPN)
- Erik Galko (Optimum Scouting)
- Josh Norris (Rotoworld)
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated)
Mock Drafts (some are a few weeks old)
- Mel Kiper Jr. (ESPN) has the Texans taking Manziel.
- Todd McShay (ESPN) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Erik Galko (Optimum Scouting) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Russ Lande (SportsOnEarth) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Daniel Jeremiah (NFL.com) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Doug Farrar (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Josh Norris (Rotoworld) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Pete Prisco (CBSSports.com) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Rob Rang (NFLDraftScout) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Walter Cherepinsky (Walter Football) has the Texans taking Bortles.
Follow House Of Houston – @HouseOfHouston
Follow Yoni Pollak – @YoniPollak
Who Do You Want The Texans To Select?
- Jadeveon Clowney (36%, 16 Votes)
- Johnny Manziel (29%, 13 Votes)
- Teddy Bridgewater (22%, 10 Votes)
- Trade (7%, 3 Votes)
- Blake Bortles (4%, 2 Votes)
- Other (Specify In Comments) (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 45