There are many dumb people in this world, however, no one compares to that of Murray Chass. Just this past week, Chass released his HOF ballot, and don’t blame yourself if you have never heard of him. Anyway, in his article, Chass accuses Craig Biggio of taking steroids. If that doesn’t get you angry then I question your Astros fandom. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- David Coleman (Crawfish Boxes) on the suspicion that Craig Biggio took steroids.
This being Hall of Fame season, many of my conversations over the past month have turned to the worthiness of former Astros. As it does from time to time, the specter of illegal drug use came into play. Both Biggio and Bagwell have been accused of using and proclaimed innocent as the driven snow so many times with me, I lose count.
- Andy (HoustonSportsCounterplot) on Craig Biggio and steroids.
- Kennon Riley (Climbing Tal’s Hill) profiles Dallas Keuchel and Robbie Grossman.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
A video that many Astros fans, and Houstonians, can relate to and enjoy. http://t.co/gGuGi19pmF
— Mike Acosta (@AstrosTalk) December 28, 2013
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on the emergence of Terrence Jones.
Jones, 21, is in his second year in the NBA after playing two seasons at Kentucky. He’s quick, hits outside jumpers and hustles for rebounds. He also is young and struggling with consistency.
Things Rockets are showing: -Closing games -Winning on the road -Top 10 Off & Def -DEPTH -Chemistry All qualities of a championship team!
— Rockets Fan Base (@RocketsFanBase) December 29, 2013
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) says it could be the end for some veterans this Sunday.
In talking to players around the locker room, there’s definitely a sense of the unknown. While general manager Rick Smith is in charge of personnel decisions, it’s possible the team’s needs and wants will change a little bit with a new coaching staff. The Texans will have their head coach in place long before they make any decisions on players.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) says the Texans need Johnny Manziel’s fiery personality.
- Dale Robertson (Houston Chronicle) on RB coach Chick Harris.
- Texans tweet of the weekend…
Teddy Bridgewater: 35-of-45, career-high 446 yds, four total touchdowns, one #Texans fanbase drooling.
— Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) December 29, 2013