Concerns #6, #7, and #8: The angle of attack
6. BP: If I’m Deshaun Watson, which cornerback on the Chiefs should I pick on for the most success?
CJ: Watson can take his pick. Bashaud Breeland had an atrocious game against the Colts, including a missed open-field tackle and getting called for at least four penalties. And Kendall Fuller really hasn’t morphed into the shut-down corner that I thought he’d grow into when he came over in the Alex Smith trade. And then there’s Morris Claiborne, just activated last week after serving a four-game suspension. The defense has multiple weaknesses, and the secondary is near the top.
7. BP: Which 2019 draft pick has been the most exciting so far?
CJ: Wide receiver Mecole Hardman, the team’s second-round pick out of Georgia. He’s fast, and he’s had some explosive plays in the past couple of weeks as he got more playing time with Hill injured. He hauled in a beautiful sideline pass from Mahomes against the Colts on Sunday. In Week
More from House of Houston
- Are you the 2021 FanSided Sports Fan of the Year?
- Houston Texans: 4 reasons Romeo Crennel is right coach right now
- Astros-Twins Wild Card Series: 5 things to know as MLB postseason begins
- Houston Texans: The Most Underrated Sports Drought Ever
- Houston Texans: J.J. Watt’s early case for NFL Hall of Fame
3, he torched the Ravens’ secondary on an 83-yard pass-and-catch for a touchdown. My expectations for Hardman are high. He’s going to be a good one.
8. BP: What are your predictions for Sunday afternoon?
CJ: Hoping for a shootout. The past couple of Chiefs games have been slogs, even the 34-30 win over the Lions in Week 4. This offense needs to get back on track quickly, and with the possible return of Hill, that could come to pass Sunday afternoon. But the Houston Texans are no slouch. This is another high-octane offense that just put up nearly 600 yards of total offense against the Falcons. Still, I like the Chiefs. I’ll go with Kansas City on the rebound, 38-34.
I’m hoping you enjoyed the question-and-answer session between Cullen and I. This matchup is going to be extremely exciting and you should be feeling that way as well!
How do you think the Houston Texans will fare? Feel free to sound off in the comments section below.
Let’s get this win — go Houston Texans!