Tuesday is cut day in the NFL as every team needs to have their roster trimmed down to 75 players. The Texans announced a few moves yesterday but made the rest of the moves official today. Here’s the list of players who didn’t make it:
S Stevie Brown, NT Chris Neild, WR Jace Davis, DT Cameron McLeod, OLB Jason Ankrah, WR Alan Bonner, WR Travis Labhart, OT Bryan Witzmann, OT Aaron Adams, OT Cody White, P Will Johnson, OLB Jeff Tarpinian, S Terrance Parks, TE Anthony Denham.
Besides the Texans releasing Brown, whom they signed as a potential starting SS in the offseason, no other names are much of a surprise. Ankrah had a chance to be a rotational OLB but didn’t do enough to impress. Bonner and Labhart may make their way back in the organization at some point in the future.
The Texans also placed Reshard Cliett to Injured Reserve, a promising defensive piece that was somewhat featured on the first episode of “Hard Knocks” before going down with a season-ending injury. OL David Quessenberry was moved to the non-football illness list.
The Texans roster is now at 75 players as they head to Dallas for their last preseason game.
Click here for all the latest on the Houston Texans.
More from House of Houston
- Houston Texans: 4 reasons Romeo Crennel is right coach right now
- Astros-Twins Wild Card Series: 5 things to know as MLB postseason begins
- Houston Texans: The Most Underrated Sports Drought Ever
- Houston Texans: J.J. Watt’s early case for NFL Hall of Fame
- Houston Rockets and Texans: Two different coaches with one glaring similarity