April 3, 2015; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Portland Trail Blazers forwardLaMarcus Aldridge
(12) controls the ball against the Los Angeles Lakers during the first half at Staples Center. Mandatory Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
A couple years ago rumors spread that LaMarcus Aldridge was seeking a trade to get out of Portland. But with a new coach and Damian Lillard budding as a star, there was growing optimism for Trail Blazers fans that the power forward would stay.
More from House of Houston
- Are you the 2021 FanSided Sports Fan of the Year?
- Houston Texans: 4 reasons Romeo Crennel is right coach right now
- Astros-Twins Wild Card Series: 5 things to know as MLB postseason begins
- Houston Texans: The Most Underrated Sports Drought Ever
- Houston Texans: J.J. Watt’s early case for NFL Hall of Fame
Nonetheless, his comments heading into the end of the season suggests he will leave. (And you can decide how you feel about Aldridge’s house being listed for sale.) So would Aldridge like a change of scenery and a better chance at a ring? It seems possible.
The Rockets would be a perfect fit for the Texas native, but Houston would have to lose a nice chunk of its current roster to obtain him. Is it worth it? Absolutely. But in all likelihood, Aldridge will sign elsewhere.
Next: A Natural Floor-General...We Should Pry Him Away!