Our site has been growing every day and we have all y’all to thank for coming by on a daily basis (and hopefully more) to read our content. We strive to provide you with the best all-around Houston sports coverage in the country, and hope you will continue to come by and see what we have for you. If you want to receive our daily newsletter via email, please click this link and sign up. You can ask for just one or many team’s news, and get all our posts, as well as our sister site’s post via email on a daily basis. SIGN UP! Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Randy Harvey (Houston Chronicle) asks if the bid for Tanaka was just for show or not?
Applied for a job we knew we weren’t qualified for but hoping we’d win over the boss with our charm and willingness to do whatever it took to succeed? Made an offer on a car with a shocking sticker price, hoping beyond hope the salesman would go see his guy in the back and come back with a positive answer? Looked at a house priced well out of our range, thinking maybe the owner was desperate and the realtor would say, “make an offer.” The Astros made an offer.
- Lee White (AstrosTurf) looks at Jesse Crain and Dallas Kuechel.
- John Burgess (Climbing Tal’s Hill) with five predictions sure to go wrong.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Hat tip to the Astros for a really well run FanFest yesterday. Very organized, lots of fan engagement, logistically sound.A good day at MMP.
— Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) January 26, 2014
- Matt Moore (CBS Sports) on Morey saying the Rockets may hold onto Omer Asik.
The problem, of course, lies in Asik’s poison pill. He’s only on the cap for $8 million next season, but his actual salary is $15 million. That’s like a tax just for trading for him. A disgruntled, offensively-limited player with a $15 million poison pill isn’t exactly going to have guys falling over to blow Morey away with an offer, but Morey also can’t take a bath on such a valuable player in trade.
- Michael Pina (Red94) asks if Terrence Jones is playing himself out of Houston.
- Bill Ingram (Basketball Insiders) on Rondo and the Rockets.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— House Of Houston (@HouseOfHouston) January 26, 2014
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) with the Texans top five needs this offseason.
There’s a new coaching staff and there will be plenty of new players to follow. The Texans hold the first-overall pick in the draft. That also means they hold the first pick in each round.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) had some good information in her Twitter mailbag.
- Graham Rogers (Toro Times) on Bill O’Brien quietly putting together his staff.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) January 27, 2014