Jadeveon Clowney missed Thursday’s voluntary OTA’s and there is no word on why he was absent.Thursday’s OTA’s was the 9th of 10 OTA’s as the team gets ready for mandatory camp next week. O’Brien was quoted earlier in the week saying, “he’s (Clowney) has worked really hard.” Clowney is making the transition to 3-4 OLB and has to have a total grasp of the defensive playbook. It’s likely a non-issue but lets see what Bill O’Brien has to say when he addresses the issue later today. Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
One of the best things about baseball’s Midsummer Classic is the stories like this: Guys who’ve had to fight and claw for everything they’ve gotten. Guys who’ve dealt with some failure and who simply kept working and kept figuring things out. Guys who believed in themselves when plenty of others had to be a bit shaky.
That’s Dallas Keuchel.
- Howard Chen (CSN Houston) on Drake coming to Minute Maid Park.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) has high praise for the Lancaster JetHawks.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Houston Bias (@HoustonBias) June 13, 2014
For the vast majority of the 2013-14 season, Chandler Parsons was a human metronome of offensive production. He could consistently be counted upon to deliver somewhere in the range of 17 points, five boards and four assists on a nightly basis, wonderfully filling the Swiss Army knife role within the Rockets’ up-tempo offense. And even though a post All-Star break shooting slump – Parsons hit around 50 percent of his field goal attempts and 40 percent of his 3s prior to the break, but those numbers dropped to 42 and 32, respectively, afterward – put a slight damper on his scoring average, he still managed to regularly contribute at a comparable rate.
- Matt Moore (CBS Sports) says it’s best for Houston if Kevin Love doesn’t get traded to the Rockets.
- John Wilmes (Bleacher Report) asks if Patrick Beverley‘s defense can get any better.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
I’m still adamant that if the #Rockets played the Spurs in the second round, Rox would’ve won. We match up better than most teams.
— Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) June 13, 2014
- James Palmer (CSN Houston) on Johnny Manziel not fitting Texans’ vision.
“We spent a lot of time with Johnny (Manziel) and I had great meetings with him,” O’Brien said. “He is a bright guy and I really enjoyed watching him play in college on film and enjoyed talking with him.”
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on Willie McGinest offering pointers to the Texans.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) tries to predict which QB the Texans will cut.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— battleredblog (@battleredblog) June 12, 2014