Houston Astros fans were able to catch a glimpse of Preston Tucker when he hit two home runs at Minute Maid Park on Tuesday night, when his AA Hooks played in Houston. Tucker is now one step closer to dawning an Astros jersey, as he was called up last night to the AAA RedHawks. Tucker led the Texans League in home runs and RBI’s before his call up. Expect to see the prospect in Houston some time later this season, or early in 2015. Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
- Howard Chen (CSN Houston) on the Astros signing A.J. Reed.
“Just honored to be a part of the Houston Astros organization, I’m real excited to get started,” Reed said at a press conference to announce the signing. “I wanted to get out there (and play) as soon as possible and help the Houston Astros any way I can.”
- Jose de Jesus Ortiz (Houston Chronicle) says the Astros expect to sign all their top 1o picks.
- Andy Pondillo and Ray Kuhn (CTH Podcast) talk Dallas Keuchel.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Astros have won or tied seven straight series. Last time they did that was 2006. 19-11 since May 11, 25-23 since April 21.
— Richard Justice (@richardjustice) June 12, 2014
Pat Beverley and James Harden have both previously cited the determination that could come from that defeat, but it was clear from talking to McHale and hearing all the details of the Rockets first-round series that he has not yet let go that the Rockets should be driven by the disappointment.
- Brett David Roberts (Space City Scoop) asks if the Rockets should add a third star.
- Adam Wexler (CSN Houston) gives us his first round mock draft.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Jeff Van Gundy bring up the Rockets too damn much. Smh he like the Drake of Basketball Announcers always reppin’ Houston.
— Est. 1991 (@RedNationBlogga) June 11, 2014
The veteran defensive mind, who also was an eyewitness to Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor‘s legendary reign of terror in the 1980′s and early 90′s with the Giants, wouldn’t reveal his plans on how he’ll use Watt in 2014. But Crennel took his initial “he’s pretty good” description, and elaborated on what Watt allows him to create as a coordinator.
- Brian McDonald (StateOfTheTexans) looks at the Texans FA options at OT.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on the Texans’ joint practices.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Being forced to watch the Texans quarterbacks throwing to the Panthers wide receivers is my idea of hell.