Houston Texans coaches have been asked about Jadeveon Clowney plenty of times since he was drafted a little more than a month ago. Those questions won’t go away as he continues to learn the playbook. Texans DC Romeo Crennel says Clowney is coming along fine and calls him a “studious” player. Clowney will be playing in several different positions under Crennel, with his primary position being OLB. Crennel says even though Clowney was drafted #1 overall, he is still going to have to earn his playing time. Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
“I have always thought about that,” Keuchel said of pitching in the Midsummer Classic, which will be held at Minnesota’s Target Field this year. “It’s not necessarily something I lose sleep over or obsess about.”
- Kennon Riley (Climbing Tal’s Hill) pushes Astros fans to vote for Jose Altuve.
- Howard Chen (CSN Houston) on Brad Peacock getting at-bats in yesterday’s loss.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Reid Ryan is an unbelievably smart executive. You probably already know this, but the Astros are in great hands.
— Tyler Stafford (@JeffBlogwell) June 10, 2014
But for me, the big takeaway from this is not that the Rockets will decline Parsons’ option but rather how absolutely brazen the Rockets have been about their ability to trade Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin.
- John Wilmes (Bleacher Report) asks who will replace Chandler Parsons if he leaves.
- Rockets.com (Video) reviews the Rockets season at Toyota Center.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Heat point guard play has made Rockets point guard play look like Clippers point guard play.
— RedNinetyFour (@RedNinetyFour) June 11, 2014
There were gasping breaths, a lingering cough and unexplainable fatigue for a week. Then David Quessenberry was taken away.
While the Texans sweated through the mundanity of organized team activities last week near NRG Stadium, a little-known but much-respected backup right tackle was forced to change his world and begin battling for his life.
- Graham Rogers (Toro Times) says accountability is a welcome sight.
- Patrick D. Starr (State Of The Texans) on Jadeveon Clowney.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— PDS (@PatDStat) June 10, 2014