We usually put a small Houston story here every morning, but to start this week, we’re going to do a little self promotion. We love our fans and we wan’t to communicate with them and converse with them as much as possible. A lot of you already follow us on Twitter, which is awesome. However, we want to see you guys on Facebook. Click here to check out our Facebook page and be sure to like it for all of our articles and opinions. Thank you to all those that check us out everyday! Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
- Tyler Kepner (NY Times) on the Houston Astros process.
The Astros’ front office chose Brady Aiken, a left-hander from a San Diego high school, with the No. 1 selection, their reward for having the majors’ worst record last season. At the same time, at Minute Maid Park, their players were thumping the Los Angeles Angels, 8-5, behind three runs batted in from George Springer.
- Chris Crawford (Draft To The Show) recapped the Astros 2014 MLB Draft.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) hands out his star performer of the week.
- Astros tweet of the day…
About 291 Altuves RT @brianmctaggart: Astros hit 1,574 feet of home runs today.
— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) June 8, 2014
- Ken Berger (CBS Sports) on the Rockets’ forgotten finals.
The only time the arguably two best centers of their generation collided with an NBA championship on the line happened 20 years ago this month. For reasons beyond their estimable powers, it has become the Forgotten Finals. In a cruel collision of events, their long-anticipated showdown was overshadowed by more memorable clashes and pre-empted by one of the most compelling news stories of the 20th century: the pursuit of murder suspect O.J. Simpson, right at the apex of their championship series.
- Sara Eckert (CSN Houston) (Video) on one fan’s reaction to meeting Chandler Parsons.
- Ethan Sherwood Strauss (ESPN TrueHoop) says James Harden is an errant All-NBA selection.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
It was clearly off Mo Williams! Opps…wrong series.
— Craig Ackerman (@ca_rockets) June 9, 2014
- Deepi Sidhu (Texans.com) on the unexpected leaders of the new Texans defense.
“I’m familiar with the system, had a chance to play in the system for two years so I mean, it’s getting adjusted back to the way he (Crennel) likes things done has been kind of easy,” Powe said in an interview with Texans Radio. “I’m familiar with the system so it’s been great.”
- Patrick D. Starr (State Of The Texans) recapped week two of Texans OTA’s.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) on USA Today giving the Texans a B+ for their offseason.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) June 8, 2014