Speaking on NBATV’s pre-game playoff coverage, Mo Williams finally spoke about his “feud” with Houston Rockets SG Troy Daniels. Williams admitted the smack talk was just a tactic, saying, “My thing was, let me get him some attention. Let me get the reporters in his locker room asking him questions about me that has nothing to do with the game. Now, all his homeboys gotta call him, all his friends, his mom, his sister, everybody: ‘What’s going on? Is something wrong with you guys?’ There was nothing wrong with us. The thing is, it’s all a tactic.” Did it work? Apparently it did as Daniels scored just five points on four shots in the final two games of the series. Check out the rest of the links for more on Houston sports.
“If that’s what he thinks, that’s what he thinks,” Keuchel (6-2, 2.55 ERA) said. “Everybody has a right to his own opinion. It’s not really going to affect me, and it never really has. I’m just going to keep trying to do what I’m doing.”
- Kennon Riley (Climbing Tal’s Hill) tells us who should be the Astros All-Star.
- Hayden Kane (FanSided) on the Astros plans with the number one pick.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Kevin Hickson (@KevinHickson) May 27, 2014
- Patrick Harrel (TheDreamShake) on NBA prospect DeAndre Daniels.
Put him in the D-League for a year with an NBA lifting regimen, and the Rockets just might have a chance to get a talented bench scorer out of this pick. That would be a great result for a 2nd round selection.
- CSN Houston on the Mo Williams-Troy Daniels feud in the playoffs.
- Brett David Roberts (Space City Scoop) on NBA prospect Cleanthony Early.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
@HoustonRockets should still be playing right now. I will forever remember this season as the most promising/disappointing season ever.
— Black Barista (@RedNationBlogga) May 26, 2014
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) shares 20 thoughts on the Texans.
1. The big Texans story is obviously about Andre Johnson. The frustrated receiver isn’t expected to show up to OTAs or the mandatory minicamp in June. Training camp in July? We’ll see. It’s easy to see why Johnson is frustrated. He’s had a fantastic career and the team has just been awful for most of it.
- Chris Wesseling (NFL.com) predicts the Texans starting lineup.
- Patrick D. Starr (State Of The Texans) with ten things to watch as the Texans head to OTA’s.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Amy Graham (@amycgraham13) May 27, 2014