We all know that Andre Johnson isn’t happy with the situation in Houston. He has already said he doesn’t plan on attending the voluntary minicamp next week, but Ian Rapoport (NFL.com) thinks he may also miss the mandatory minicamp that will take place a bit later this offseason. Johnson is still having a tough time coming to terms with the Texans situation but most believe he will stick it out in Houston. However, tt seems like it could be a while before Johnson returns to the team. Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
Linares: “Defensively, he’s ready. He makes plays that I have a tough time explaining to my bosses. He brings a lot of energy to the field, he’s a leader.”
Luhnow: “Natural-born leader. People want to follow him. In Spring Training, he addressed the team as we were getting our rings for the Quad Cities championship last year.”
- Houston Chronicle on Alex White working his way back to the Astros bullpen.
- Tyler Stafford (Climbing Tal’s Hill) shares his experience from a RedHawks game.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Well… I guess now I’m glad @MLBTV is all jacked up. I missed the entire top of the 9th.
— Archbishop Deshaies (@HouCounterplot) May 22, 2014
- Randy Harvey (Houston Chronicle) tells Rockets fans not to expect a big splash.
Considering no Houston team in one of the three major professional sports leagues has won a championship since the Rockets in 1995, the city’s pastime has become believing in the future. With the Astros, it’s the long-term future. With the Texans, it’s not as soon as it appeared before the last two seasons, but soon. With the Rockets, it’s one season away. One player away.
- Jim Cavan (Bleacher Report) – Hakeem Olajuwon believing the Rockets would have beaten the Spurs.
- Michael Ma (SpaceCityScoop) on Hakeem Olajuwon’s new gig with the NBA.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Houston Rockets Fans (@Rockets_Fans_) May 22, 2014
- John Harris (Texans.com) reviewed the Texans rookies on offense.
Sure, the team is allowed to keep eight on the practice squad, but the reality of the situation for the rookies is that a handful will have a shot and few will be Houston Texans this fall. That said, there were some who opened eyes throughout the weekend. As such, this is part one of our look at the rookie mini-camp, focusing on the offensive side of the ball.
- CSN Houston spoke with Andre Johnson‘s teammates about his situation.
- Ian Rapoport (NFL.com) says Andre Johnson may sit out mandatory minicamp.
- Texans tweet of the day…
The Texans fans I met at Bowlero are fired up about the draft, Clowney especially. Bill O’Brien and the season. Can’t wait!
— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) May 22, 2014