The Houston Rockets are reportedly interested in Zoran Dragic. Zoran, brother of former Rockets PG Goran Dragic, has played with the Rockets summer league team in the past and it appears the Rockets may be interested in signing him from overseas. Reports say Zoran has no interest in signing with an NBA team unless he will be given playing time right away. Dragic would also need to be bought out from his team overseas though that is not expected to be much of a problem. We will likely hear his name pop up a bit more later on in the offseason. Check out the rest of the links for more on Houston sports.
“I think he’ll be fine,” Porter said. “He jammed his thumb, but [taking him out] was more of a precautionary thing than anything. If you look at the conditions of the game [the Astros were winning, 6-1], we felt like we could get him out and get him some treatment and he’d be OK tomorrow.”
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on Jesse Crain‘s rehab.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) takes a look at his player of the week.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Mattress Mack getting nervous? MT @McClain_on_NFL: Astros beat White Sox 8-2. They won 2nd consecutive series.
— Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) May 19, 2014
It’s unclear if the Rockets would make Parsons, their starting small forward, available in proposals for Love. But if Minnesota were intrigued by a Parsons-led deal, their interest would likely come soon. Should a deal be struck by the end of June involving Parsons, Minnesota could then turn downthe 2014-15 option on Parsons’ contract, send Parsons into restricted free agency and maintain the right to match any offer. In short, they would have control over his future with the team.
- Lefteris Moutis (Eurohoops.net) on the Rockets reportedly interested in Zoran Dragic.
- Zach Buckley (Bleacher Report) looks at different options to pair with Dwight Howard.
- Rockets tweet of the day….
Wait, there’s a top free agent/trade target and the Rockets are rumored to be interested? This is suprising and unexpected.
— The Dream Shake (@DreamShakeSBN) May 18, 2014
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) says the Texans asked Louis Nix to calm down on Twitter.
Nix, 22, from Notre Dame, who on back-to-back days in late April connected embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling with NASCAR culture and jokingly used a photo of crab legs-shoplifting Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston as motivation for finals, said Friday he’s leaving Twitter “alone.”
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) on the Andre Johnson situation.
- Graham Rogers (Toro Times) says the Texans should always put the team first.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Texans over-under is 7.5 wins at the LVH http://t.co/OTZwPWDFH3
— Mike Meltser (@MikeMeltser) May 18, 2014