Each NFL team will have a former player announce one of the team’s draft picks and Chester Pitts was chosen to announce the Texans second round pick. Pitts played for the Texans from 2002-2009, and was a big presence in the locker-room. Pitts is now a sports anchor for KPRC-TV and will announce the Texans #33 overall pick, unless of course they choose to trade away the pick. Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
Starting with the 2011-12 transition, Feldman’s seen a decline on the radar gun every year. But the drop the last two years has been more pronounced.
Feldman’s predominant pitch, his sinking fastball, averaged 90.91 mph last season, per BrooksBaseball.net. He’s at 88.43 mph in 2014.
Just two years ago, in 2012, Feldman averaged 92.58 mph on his sinker. In a span of two years, then, he’s lost roughly 4 mph — at least temporarily.
- Ken Rosenthal (FoxSports) spoke with GM Jeff Luhnow to figure out the Astros.
- Jonathan Mayo and Jim Callis (MLB.com) (Video) debate who the Astros should select with the first overall pick in June.
- Astros tweet of the day…
On that note, can we all agree it would be amazing if the @astros had a mattress night?
— Dan Brooks (@brooksbaseball) May 1, 2014
- Tom Haberstroh (ESPN) on the Rockets using their playoff history as a guide for them.
That was the message from former Houston Rockets guard Mario Elie when he surprised the Rockets players at practice on Tuesday and delivered an impassioned speech about the power of belief over doubt.
Elie would know. There have only been eight teams to rally from a 3-1 deficit to win a series, and Elie was a member of one of them — the resilient 1994-95 Rockets squad that eventually won a championship after storming back against the Phoenix Suns in the conference semifinals.
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on Dwight Howard trying be the team’s leader.
- Adam Wexler (CSN Houston) shares his thoughts following game five.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
LaMarcus Aldridge: averaging 39.3 PPG in 3 wins, 15.5 PPG in 2 losses in series vs Rockets.
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) May 1, 2014
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) spoke with Rick Smith who’s enjoying evaluating with O’Brien.
“That’s one of the things that I expressed I was looking forward to. I’ve been in a certain system for 18 years. The opportunity to step outside of that comfort zone gives me a chance to grow personally and professionally. That was a part of it. Bill’s smart, he’s articulate, he’s got a good vision. One of the things that we are really doing this year is painting a vision for each player and how that player will come in and specifically impact our team and that will be fun.”
- Stephanie Stradley (Houston Chronicle) did a Q&A on the Texans draft with John Harris.
- Graham Rogers (Toro Times) on the Johnny Manziel circus.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Chester M. Pitts II (@ChesterPitts) May 1, 2014
To Like House Of Houston On Facebook – Click Here