The Houston Rockets took home a 10-point win to keep the series alive as they head back to Portland for another must-win game.
Wow! I can still feel my heart beating as the seconds ticked off waiting for the game to finally end with the Rockets in the lead. I mean, didn’t everyone think this game was going into overtime?!?
Everyone pretty much knows what happened, so I’ll just give you some of my thoughts on the game.
- Jeremy Lin stepped up big time in the second half of the game. He seemed like the only offensive threat on the court at times.
- Chandler Parsons also had himself a heck of a game. Though it took him 22 shots to score his 20 points, Parsons hit some big shots and slashed to the basket for big buckets.
- Keep feeding Dwight Howard the basketball. Another tremendous performance with 22 points and 14 boards, including a few big-time defensive stops.
- Omer Asik had another great game. He seems totally inept on offense for 95% of the game, but it’s his defense which makes him the money, and it was well worth it tonight, limiting LaMarcus Aldridge to just 8 points on 12 shots.
- Enough can’t be said about Patrick Beverley‘s effort. 101 degree fever and he’s playing basketball. Just 5 points and 2 assists, but he played his hardest. Props!
- James Harden only had 17 points on 15 shots, but hit a few big buckets late in the 4th quarter to propel the Rockets to victory. It’s going to be tough for the Rockets to win this series without Harden dropping at least 25+ points in EACH of the next two games. They need him to step up!
Screw game 6, we’re going to game 7! See ya back in H-Town!
Tags: Houston Rockets