Bo Porter has been making headlines recently and not for good reason. The Astros manager has taken a beating from some after his antics following a Jed Lowrie HBP a week ago. After another Lowrie HBP this week, many thought it was Porter trying to get back at Lowrie for bunting while up 7-0. Porter endured a rough 2013 and this season has not been pleasant at all. What’s your opinion on Porter’s antics the last few weeks? Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
- Will Leitch (SportsOnEarth) on Bo Porter.
It would be fair to say that the last fortnight of Bo Porter’s professional life has not been among his proudest. (It has been even worse than that time he failed to understand basic substitution patterns.) I’m beginning to wonder if losing 111 games in a season caused something in his brain to pop.
- Astros County on Bo Porter.
- The folks at the Crawfish Boxes defended Bo Porter a few days ago.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
Handshakes and high fives!!!! @astros win!
— Bobby Dynamite (@AstrosTrainGuy) April 27, 2014
- Kevin Ding (Bleacher Report) on the lack of chemistry with the Rockets.
Whether the season ends at the hands of the bench-poor Blazers or someone else, it’s not ending happily, and it’s valid to wonder if Harden and Howard will ever really live a fairy-tale existence together.
- CSN Houston (Video) spoke with Robert Covington about playing with Troy Daniels with RGV.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) – Rockets say their best has yet to come.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
After three seasons in the NFL, Watt has 217 career tackles, 36.5 sacks and eight forced fumbles, so if he and the Mrs. Barbara Bush tackle illiteracy like he does the opponent on the football field, I say whatever they are working on will have a lot of success.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) gives his analysis on the Texans schedule.
- Patrick D. Starr (StateOfTheTexans) keeps track of all the workouts and visits from draft prospects.
- Texans tweet of the weekend…
I expect Texans to take Clowney or Manziel with first pick or Bortles or Mack if they trade down. They must b overwhelmed 2 trade down. — John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) April 25, 2014