Unless you’re name is John McClain, you probably think the Texans are going to take Jadeveon Clowney with the first overall pick. There are some questions about Clowney’s potential fit in Romeo Crennel’s defense but Willie McGinest, former linebacker on a Crennel-led defense, says Clowney will have the best help possible in Mike Vrabel. The Texans linebackers coach, Vrabel was in a similar position as Clowney during his days in Pittsburgh. McGinest believes Vrabel can be a great teacher that can take him through that process. Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
Jose Altuve and Jonathan Villar are dreaming on Gold Gloves. They talked about the possibility of winning them Tuesday, if just briefly, a sign of confidence the Astros middle infielders have in one another — and a sign of optimism.
- Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on no one watching the Astros game.
- Kennon Riley (Climbing Tal’s Hill) asks when the Lucas Harrell experiment ends?
- Astrost tweet of the day…
Astros’ collective 17 wins among their minor league affiliates is more than any of the 29 other clubs have
— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) April 10, 2014
People who have watched this team day in and day out would agree that Harden’s defense has actually come quite a long way but his struggles early in the year were so widely publicized that he has not been able to recover in the court of public opinion. As with most things, there is a bit of lag time before public perception catches up with reality and some of the commentary on Harden is reflective of that. He’s bad but not atrocious as he was earlier.
- Jake Lapin (Bleacher Report) says the Rockets must improve in five areas before the playoffs.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on Isaiah Canaan who impresses Kevin McHale with simple plays.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) April 10, 2014
Yet I think this season could be Foster’s best yet. In speaking with him, he sounded grounded and recharged. I wouldn’t be stunned if Foster were the most productive back in football this coming season.
- Will Grubb (CBS Houston) on Case Keenum needing to adapt to new Texans offense.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) spoke with Willie McGinest about Jadeveon Clowney.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Interesting to see if players “buy-in” w/ new staff. Hearing that the team is bracing to be pushed hard, but everybody is buying in. #Texans
— Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) April 10, 2014