The Houston Texans have scheduled to meet with two potential draft picks in this year’s NFL Draft. Blake Bortles will visit Houston on April 15th and 16th, whereas Manziel will come to town April 21st and 22nd. You may have seen the Houston Rockets be joined by both Manziel and Jadeveon Clowney at times this year, and Bortles will have his chance April 14th when the Rockets face the Spurs in Houston. Manziel’s visit coincides with a potential Rockets playoff home game. No word on if either prospect plans on visiting Toyota Center. Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
- Mark Yost (Houston Business Journal) says that Astros games are a steal.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) with an update on Dexter Fowler, Matt Albers, and much more.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Great day of minor league baseball for the Astros organization. Kids are learning. It’s reminiscent of 2001, when they had best farm.
But the Rockets wouldn’t have been in position to win without the hard labor of Omer Asik, who tied his career high in rebounds – set five days earlier – with 23. He also contributed 18 points, three blocked shots and three steals.
- Adam Wexler and Damon Jones (CSN Houston) (Video) talk about the latest on the Rockets.
- Michael Ma (Space City Scoop) on Dwight Howard receiving an award.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Omer Asik had his 2nd 23-rebound game in less than a wk. Joins Howard & Hickson as only players w/ 2 23+ rebound games this season. #Rockets
— AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) April 7, 2014
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) recaps the first day of workouts under the new regime.
“Everybody was really quiet when (new head coach Bill O’Brien) walked in there,” said quarterback T.J. Yates. “But it was good. It was a lot like the first day of school. Everybody was really anxious. Everybody’s got a fresh start. Everybody’s a rookie right now. Everybody’s got brand new coaches, offense, defense. So everybody is really excited.”
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) on the Texans scheduling visits for Manziel and Bortles.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) released his second mock draft.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) April 7, 2014