The Houston Astros snapped their three game losing streak with a 7-4 win against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The Astros had their own little home run derby at Minute Maid Park, hitting five different pitches out of park. It felt like Oprah was pitching for the Angels. YOU get a HR, and YOU get a HR, and YOU get a HR, and YOU get a HR, and YOU get a HR. That was amazing! Jason Castro, Matt Dominguez, Jesus Guzman, Alex Presley, and Jonathan Villar all sent the fans some souvenirs. Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
- John Kelly (CSN Houston) on the Astros win on Sunday.
That was just the beginning of the fireworks for an offense that had misfired the previous two games against the Angels. In the second inning it was Matt Dominguez who launched a solo home run onto the railroad tracks above the Crawford Boxes for a 3-0 lead.
- Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) updates us on the status of Jesse Crain and Dexter Fowler.
- Jared Webb (AstrosTurf) gives us his Astros MiLB sleeper team.
- Astros tweet of the day…
The Astros hit 1,915 feet worth of home runs on Sunday.
— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) April 6, 2014
- Daniel O’Brien (Bleacher Report) on the Rockets campaigning for Harden/Howard for MVP votes.
Toward the end of every season, clubs are usually imploring the media to vote for their top player as MVP, but the Rockets couldn’t make up their minds.
- Mike De Moor (RantSports) says the Rockets were fortunate to keep Omer Asik.
- Bryan Rose (FanSided) on Kevin Durant saying the Rockets can’t check him.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Houston Rockets Fans (@Rockets_Fans_) April 7, 2014
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) says the voluntary offseason provides a fresh start for Texans.
Thanks to their 2-14 record last year and new coach Bill O’Brien this year, the Texans are allowed to begin their voluntary offseason conditioning program earlier than most teams.
- CSN Houston (Photo) shows us the J.J. Watt photobomb that is going viral.
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on Matt Schaub continuing to give back to Houston.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) April 5, 2014