After signing with the Baltimore Ravens last week, former Texans TE Owen Daniels is very excited to face the Texans in Houston this coming season. He said, “I wasn’t good enough for them anymore” and he referenced former Panthers WR Steve Smith‘s words when asked about playing against the Texans next season. Smith didn’t have kind words to say about playing his former team, saying “put your goggles on cause there’s going to be blood and guts everywhere.” Daniels surely has the Texans game as his #1 game on his calendar next season. Check out the rest of the links for more in Houston sports.
- Gene Duffy (MLB.com) on Chad Qualls providing veteran leadership to the bullpen.
“It’s pretty much the same,” Qualls said of the Astros’ clubhouse. He hadn’t pitched for Houston since 2007. “They’ve done a little renovation in here. The lockers are different. For the most part it’s the same. The food room is better.”
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) takes an early look at the Astros plate discipline.
- John Kelly (CSN Houston) with the details on the Oswalt/Berkman ceremony.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
RIP .500 Astros. See you next April.
— Tyler Stafford (@JeffBlogwell) April 6, 2014
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) says the Rockets badly needed Friday’s win against OKC.
This was a much-needed, gut-check victory for the Rockets. At a time when teams want to be shifting gears into playoff mode, the Rockets were sputtering.
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) updates us on the status of Dwight Howard and Patrick Beverley.
- Dave Leonardis (Bleacher Report) says the Rockets have hidden advantages in the playoffs.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
Rockets clinch a playoff spot with the win … and their 1st 50-win season since winning 53 in 2008-09
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) April 5, 2014
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) says Jadeveon Clowney is an enigma for NFL coaches.
“I’ve been playing off talent for a long time,” said Clowney, whose pro day Wednesday in Columbia, S.C., was witnessed by Texans general manager Rick Smith and coach Bill O’Brien. “If somebody can just teach me the game the way it’s supposed to be played, there’s no telling how great I can be.”
- Patrick D. Starr (State Of The Texans) with a video on how Clowney would fit with the Texans.
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) spoke with Owen Daniels who is excited to play the Texans next season.
- Texans tweet of the weekend…
Owen Daniels really took the #Texans release bad. Although, he signed in Baltimore on a contract for an estimate of 1/3rd of the $$
— Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) April 4, 2014