It took some time but both former Texans players, TE Owen Daniels and S Danieal Manning have found new teams. Daniels, 31, reunites with former Texans HC Gary Kubiak in Baltimore. He signed a one year deal there and will also join former OC Rick Dennison and TE coach Brian Pariani. Manning, 31, reunites with former Texans DB coach Vance Joseph in Cincinnati on a one year deal. Many Texans players offered their best wishes to the veteran who were both well-regarded in the locker room. Check out the rest of the links for more on Houston sports.
- Bob Nightengale (USA Today) on the Astros confidence after two games.
“It’s been tough, real tough,” says Astros icon Craig Biggio, who finished just two votes shy of Hall of Fame election in January. “We had taken a lot of pride in the fact that we changed the culture here, and fans expected us to be the New York Yankees, expecting us to get to the playoffs every year, and then go to this.
- Tyler Stafford (Climbing Tal’s Hill) shared his experience at Astros Opening Day.
- David Barron (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros filing another appeal in the CSN Houston case.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Drew Shirley (@DrewShirleyKHOU) April 4, 2014
“Rookie,” Rockets coach Kevin McHale said, describing Canaan’s play as much as his experience. “Just a young guy trying to figure this thing out. He’s got a good shot. He’s got a lot of confidence in his shot. He can make some of the little pocket passes and some of the stuff we ask him to do. Defensive-wise, he’s getting adjusted, like all young (players).
- Andrew Melnick (FanSided) says the Rockets are interested in a certain point guard.
- Leila Rahimi (CSN Houston) (Video) spoke with former Rockets assistant Kelvin Sampson.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) April 3, 2014
Joseph underwent surgery on an injured big toe after the season ended and spent roughly the next two months on crutches and then in a walking boot. This week Joseph said he just started working out and tested his foot for the first time.
“I’m just getting back to running around,” Joseph said. “This week was big for me, my first time getting up and running around and honestly I kind of killed it.”
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) reviews Jadeveon Clowney’s Pro Day.
- Patrick D. Starr (StateOfTheTexans) gives us the dates of the Texans offseason schedule.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Dave Zangaro (@DZangaro) April 4, 2014