Jadeveon Clowney is ready to make the Texans miserable if they pass on him. Clowney had a very impressive Pro Day yesterday and many believe he is the best player available in the upcoming NFL Draft. The Texans have a need for a pass rusher and have the personnel in place for Clowney to be a successful player with the Texans. Let’s just hope Clowney makes other teams miserable as opposed to the other way around. Check out the rest of the links for more on Houston sports.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) spoke with Jarred Cosart who is ready to meet expectations.
“I know (the strikeouts and walks are) something I need to work on and that’s something I worked on in spring training and was successful with,” Cosart said. “You hear about it during the offseason: what you didn’t do well last season, what you did do well. It’s usually pretty self explanatory.”
- Craig Hlavaty (Houston Chronicle) has the details on proposals at Minute Maid Park.
- Dustin Sellers (Climbing Tal’s Hill) tells us what to expect from Chris Carter.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Astros Andrew Thurman and Kent Emanuel both could be in high Class A, but no room in rotation, even with tandem starters.
— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) April 2, 2014
- Beckley Mason (New York Times) says the Rockets aren’t contenders.
Even given the injuries, Tuesday’s game raised questions about the Rockets’ preparedness to make a deep playoff run. They remain untested, through no real fault of their own: There may be no amount of regular-season winning that can fully prepare a young team for a tough seven-game series. When teams play each other over and over, as they do in the playoffs, there is no hiding flaws, just mitigating them where possible.
- Brian Windhorst (ESPN) on the Rockets trying to hold on to home-court advantage.
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on injuries hurting the Rockets.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Kevin McHale very short w/ media tonight. Mainly stressed team didn’t play hard enough, took too many plays off. #Rockets
— AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) April 3, 2014
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) recaps Clowney’s Pro Day.
The University of South Carolina defensive end drew raves after his pro day at Williams-Brice Stadium, earning praise from Texans coach Bill O’Brien and going one-on-one against Texans defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel at the end of the workout.
“I can pretty much do it all,” said Clowney, who sat out the initial portion of drills but later showcased his speed and agility.
- Chris Wesseling (NFL.com) asks if Clowney can play the Willie McGinest role in Crennel’s defense.
- Khaled Elsayed (ProFootballFocus) grades the Texans ’09-’11 drafts.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Asked how miserable he’d make #Texans if they passed on him & the Jags drafted him, Clowney says, smiling, “I have to make them miserable.”
— Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) April 2, 2014
- Never too early to start looking for 2015 Houston Rodeo tickets!