The Houston Rockets sit in the 4th seed of the Western Conference and would face the Portland Trail Blazers if the season ended today. After the Trail Blazers, the Rockets would then face the San Antonio Spurs in the second round and totally avoid the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Los Angeles Clippers until the Western Conference Championship. That may seem like a pretty comfortable position for the Rockets as they have beaten the Spurs all three times this season. Who do you want to face in the playoffs? Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) asked Jeff Luhnow about his trade deadline strategy this season.
“No question. This year’s different,” Luhnow said. “Two years ago, we got off to a decent start and we were fully prepared to do whatever it took to maintain that start, because we were playing about .500 ball for the first two months of the season, unexpectedly. But then we regressed, and at that point, it was pretty clear what the outcome was likely to be and we made the moves accordingly.
- Julia Morales (CSN Houston) (Video) spoke with Carlos Correa after their win.
- Kennon Riley (Climbing Tal’s Hill) takes a look at two possible bullpen additions.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Mark Appel throwing that 95, 96 mph heater with startling ease. Appears to explode as it reaches Carlos Corporan. #Astros
— MoiseKapenda Bower (@moisekapenda) March 30, 2014
- Randy Harvey (Houston Chronicle) says Dwight Howard should sit until the playoffs.
Howard played in the first 66 games, more than any other starter, before missing three in a row with an ankle strain. He probably should have missed the next two, aggravating the injury in a game Thursday against Philadelphia that the Rockets would have won without him.
- Victor (Rockets Social) tells us why the Rockets should stay at the #4 seed.
- Tony Manfred (Yahoo Sports) on how the Rockets have proved that tanking works in the NBA.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
“Pat, I think, is a huge loss for them b/c of energy he brings & passion he plays w/ every night, they sort of feed off that” – CP3 #Rockets
— AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) March 29, 2014
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) spoke with O’Brien’s mentors who like him a lot.
“There were other (NFL) openings, and I think he looked around to see who had the best personnel group and what were the key elements that needed help,” O’Leary said. “I think the chemistry with the owner (Bob McNair) and general manager (Rick Smith) was what attracted him the most.
- John Breech (CBS Sports) on Jerry Rice saying the Texans should take Johnny Manziel.
- Big TW (BattleRedBlog) discussed the trading down option.
- Texans tweet of the day…
The Texans should draft Kevin Love.
— Tom Lorenzo (@TomLorenzo) March 30, 2014
Tags: Houston Rockets