Dwight Howard missed last night’s game against the Los Angeles Clippers and could be out a bit longer with his ankle injury. Before the game, Howard apparently told a Clippers TV announcer that he may miss the next 10 days due to his injury. With Omer Asik on board, it would make sense if Howard wanted to rest up a bit before the playoffs if his ankle could be a nagging injury. The 10-day timetable is conveniently finished April 8th when the Rockets go to Los Angeles to play the Lakers. Hmmmm….Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on the Astros starting the season off right.
Well, it will be taking place on the field, just not as part of the game. One of the benefits of having Nolan Ryan back in the organization, is for moments like this. It was announced that he will be throwing out the first pitch of the season to 3.000 hit man Craig Biggio.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros knowing they need to win soon.
- Alex (AstrosTurf) takes a look at how Miguel Cabrera’s contract affects the Astros.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
Corporan is only Astros regular slated to play tomorrow, Porter said. Should be a prospect heavy lineup behind Appel.
— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) March 30, 2014
When asked if he felt like he could be able to come back and play some, Beverley said, “for sure, like I said, I don’t feel a lot of pain, which is always a great thing. No swelling, which is a great thing. It wasn’t in the same area where a lot of other players tore their meniscus at. It’s in a pretty solid area, so I feel pretty confident about it.
- David Barron (Houston Chronicle) gives us the latest update on the CSN Houston situation.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on Howard’s injury.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
Take out just half the UNFORCED turnovers, & the Rockets maybe win that game. So frustrating to give away possessions like that against LAC. — David Weiner (@BimaThug) March 30, 2014
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) asks if the Texans may trade the first overall pick.
It is no secret the Texans do need to build some depth with this team. They need to add another offensive tackle and they will be drafting a QB sometime in the draft, so trading the No. 1 overall selection wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility.
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on Jerry Rice and Mike Mayock’s take on Manziel.
- Kurt Warner (NFL.com) says the Texans should take Clowney over Manziel.
- Texans tweet of the weekend…
See you in Dallas! Final Four! #OnWisconsin
— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) March 30, 2014