After losing three straight in mid-March, it was crucial for the Rockets to spin off five in a row. They have won their last four with an easy win expected tonight to complete the five game winning streak. Over the streak and the last several weeks, it’s easy to tell that this team has come together as of late. The real test will obviously be in the playoffs but the Rockets still have another 12 games to go, including another game each against the top 3 seeds in the Western Conference. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) says the Astros still prefer to move to Palm Beach in the spring.
Miers said the Astros and the county have resumed talks about the possibility of the club staying in Kissimmee, but club owner Jim Crane has made it clear he wants to move to Palm Beach County in southeast Florida and build a two-team facility with another team.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) with Bo Porter‘s explanation of the starting rotation.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) recaps all the latest Astros news.
- Astros tweet of the day…
2014 will be rough, but Astros fans will appreciate Luhnow’s discipline & willingness to stick to plan when they control studs in 2020.
Reflecting on his rocky path to success, Beverley said his foundation will always be Chicago, which he has plastered all over his house and phone—”My screensaver says ‘Chicago raised me,’ ” he said—and the three women who raised him: his mother Lisa, aunt Karyn and grandmother Celeste.
- Hiren Joshi with a fun read about his experience with Chandler Parsons.
- Leila Rahimi (CSN Houston) (Video) on the Rockets sensing their own growth.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Well look at this. The reigning defending back to back NBA Champions and the Houston Rockets have the SAME RECORD. — Tristan Taylor (@The_Tristan104) March 27, 2014
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) on O’Brien’s tough decision at number one.
But for as much as the Texans maintain they could go with a lineman or linebacker or quarterback or someone else with their first pick, there is growing sentiment around the league that ultimately the team will take a passer. O’Brien is a quarterback guru, he has a system that was proven to work as an assistant with the Patriots and as a head coach at Penn State. The Texans just happen to be in desperate need of a quarterback and there are three of them who merit consideration at the upper regions of this draft: Blake Bortles (Central Florida), Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) and Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville).
- Sean Pendergast (Houston Press) on Bill O’Brien‘s quotes.
- Nate Griffin (SportsRadio610) gives us some FA possibilities.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Make of it what you will, but Texans owner, coach GM are meeting and dining w/Clowney night before South Carolina pro day a week from today
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 26, 2014