Lost in the Matt Schaub trade scuffle was the Texans signing Kendrick Lewis. Drafted in the 5th round of the 2009 Draft, Lewis has spent his entire four-year career with the Kansas City Chiefs. The 25-year old has 7 career interceptions in 56 games and will provide depth at the safety position for the Texans. Lewis will be reunited with his former head coach and defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Jon Heyman (CBS Sports) on the Astros grand experiment.
Whether they admit it or not, they are not like other MLB teams, either. Their recent past is worse, their present is very likely worse (rival scouts sometimes call them the “disAstros”) while their future could be off like a rocket, the thing their home city is best known for, meaning actual rockets and not the pitching great who comes to camp to advise young pitchers and polish his image.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros not wanting to lose another 100 games this season.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on Tony DeFrancesco being diagnosed with cancer.
- Astros tweet of the day…
For the record, I think I’ve been very clear on my belief that the Astros are the healthiest the franchise has been in 6 years.
- D.J. Foster (Bleacher Report) asks if the Rockets could win with this core.
The results we’ve seen so far would lead you to believe that the Rockets are at least close to being in the group of title contenders, if they aren’t already there. Houston is currently holding down the fourth seed in the Western Conference, and it has the sixth best point differential overall. And if you’re one of the best teams in the league, technically, you should probably be considered a title threat.
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) shared Mike Brown‘s thoughts on James Harden.
- Greg Howard (Deadspin) explains Dwight Howard‘s popular Nae Nae dance.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Dwight Howard went through a light practice in Charlotte with Rockets. He will be reevaluated tomorrow before the Bobcats host the Rockets.
— Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) March 23, 2014
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on Teddy Bridgewater’s upbringing.
Bridgewater walks through the front door. Low-key and almost invisible, wrapped up in a gray “Air Jordan 23″ hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants, looking more like a teenage basketball player than the possible answer to the Texans’ 12-year quarterback problem.
- TexansDC (BattleRedBlog) thanks Matt Schaub.
- Stephen Forsha (ToroTimes) asks if Blake Bortles will be in a Texans uniform.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Texans announced they signed former Chiefs FS Kendrick Lewis.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 21, 2014