After “quitting” Twitter a bit over a year ago, Arian Foster is back at it with his Twitter shenanigans. It appears as if his mom wanted Foster back to his Tweeting ways. Whatever the case may be, Foster used the social platform to let everyone know the doctors have cleared him. I’m not sure if I’m more excited for a healthy Foster or for a Tweeting Foster. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Jose de Jesus Ortiz (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros player development.
Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow set up the meeting to outline the club’s expectations for them. He addressed the young men in Spanish and referred to himself as a “gringo” born in Mexico to American parents. He proudly told them he carries American and Mexican passports. In other words, he is one of them and he wanted them to understand his club will provide them the necessary tools to assimilate into American culture and thrive to their full potential.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) with news of another 5 cuts from Astros camp.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on Robbie Grossman being a breakout candidate.
- Astros tweet of the day…
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on Howard and Harden knowing the pitfalls of a playoff run.
From the highs of the home victories over Miami, Indiana and Portland to the lows of the losses at Oklahoma City and Chicago, the Rockets have gotten a good look at where they stand heading into the final month of games before the postseason.
- Matt Bullard (CSN Houston) (Video) caught up with Chandler Parsons.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on the Rockets wanting to end the season on a good note.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Houston Rockets Fans (@Rockets_Fans_) March 16, 2014
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) with some defensive coordinators opinions on the QB prospects.
But this is certain: If the Texans use their potential franchise-changing pick on a quarterback, Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater, Central Florida’s Blake Bortles or Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel will greet NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on May 8 in New York.
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) on Owen Daniels saying goodbye.
- Daniel Gotera (KHOU) on Arian Foster being healthy.
- Texans tweets of the day…
— Mike K (@Zepp1978) March 16, 2014