The Houston Astros have sent down four minor league players including Max Stassi. Domingo Santana, Luis Cruz, and David Martinez were also sent to minor league camp. Stassi’s “demotion” is a bit of a surprise as many thought he would have a chance to make the club out of Spring Training. Instead, Stassi will likely start with the AAA RedHawks and only be called up if Jason Castro or Carlos Corporan can’t play. Check out the rest of the links for more.
“Look in the mirror,” Porter said he has told Carter. “You are a big, imposing man. Pitchers are not just gonna say, ‘You know what, let me lay this in here because this guy can’t hurt me.’ The reason they’re gonna pitch you carefully is because you can hurt them.”
- Jose De Jesus Ortiz (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros sending down four players.
- Ace Feltman (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on the Astros future adjusting to the present.
- Astros tweet of the day…
#Astros Baseball: It’s More Than Just a Drinking Game! That’s just setting myself for disappointment.
— Beer and Baseball (@astrosguy) March 11, 2014
“Without Jeremy Lin, we don’t win that game,” forward Chandler Parsons. ” He has been struggling a little lately, but we believed in him. He has been great all year long. Everyone goes through rough patches. Hats off to him for sticking through it.”
- Chris Gordy (SportsTalk790) on Patrick Beverley responding to Damian Lillard‘s comments.
- Jeff Balke (HoustonPress) on the Rockets being the hottest team in the NBA.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Harden joins Michael Jordan as the only 2 players since 1985-86 with at least 41-10-6-6. Per Rockets PR Bob Schranz
Offseason surgery wasn’t required, and Keenum’s thumb has healed. The downtime between a 2-14 season and the buildup toward the May draft has provided Keenum with new perspective. He’s even gotten back into the lighter side of NFL life, making himself more of a presence on Twitter after mostly avoiding his account during a chaotic two-month run as the Texans’ field leader.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on the Texans players entering free agency.
- James Palmer (CSN Houston) on Andre Johnson not wanting a project at QB.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Very curious to see what the #Texans do in free agency starting tomorrow. Interesting dynamic with new coach, old GM
— Nick Scurfield (@NickScurfield) March 11, 2014