Many people have felt that Jeremy Lin has been struggling for a while now. I wrote about his struggles earlier and how they seem to have been overrated. Now, it appears as if Lin may be coming out of his so called “funk” after his last two games. Lin has scored 37 points on 50% shooting in his last two contests and a combined ZERO turnovers in the two wins, including 26 points to help fuel a HUGE Rockets win last night against the Trail Blazers. These are two games that Rockets fans hope will get Jeremy Lin going as they march towards the playoffs. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros formula of success using data banks.
Mike Elias, the Astros’ amateur scouting director and a huge part of the team’s rebuilding effort, thinks nothing of pulling out his iPhone to see what reports the team has on the player he just saw in rural Georgia.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on Robbie Grossman looking to prove his worth with the Astros.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on Matt Dominguez potentially being mentioned in trade rumors.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Just a reminder, Spring Training stats and records mean nothing unless the #Astros win – then it means everything.
— Tyler Stafford (@JeffBlogwell) March 9, 2014
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on the fans providing an extra spark.
The crowd continued to provide some home court advantage on Sunday night against Portland. The Rockets were down by as much as 16, and the crowd heated up late in the game as the Rockets came back and took the game into overtime and eventually won 118-113.
- CSN Houston (Video) spoke with Jeremy Lin about his big night.
- Bryson Jones (SpaceCityScoop) says the test continues for the Rockets.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
The Rockets are now a legitimate NBA title contender. Period.
— Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) March 10, 2014
“You want a guy that’s going to be able to come in and do the best job and play right away,” Johnson said Sunday during a media event at a downtown Houston restaurant. “Most of the time guys are looking for veterans because they have the most experience, they know what to expect. But sometimes you can find that young guy that can come in and pick it up right away and go out there and make plays for you.”
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on Brian Cushing ready to get back to winning.
- MTaylor (Toro Times) on who could back up Arian Foster next season.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Andre Johnson said Hopkins has already called him asking him when they can start workin out 2gether. Dre said they plan to workout. #texans
— James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) March 10, 2014