Every Monday as we head towards the NFL Draft, we will have a poll to see which draft prospect you want the Houston Texans to select in May’s NFL Draft. We will bring you the latest articles, tweets, and mock drafts regarding each prospect as we come closer to the Texans first overall selection.
To check out last week’s articles and poll, click here.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) on the first overall pick.
- Darren Rovell (ESPN) on the Manziel signing with Nike
- Chase Goodbread (NFL.com) on a scout saying he wouldn’t put his job on the line by selecting Clowney.
- Ryan Wilson (CBSSports.com) on Bortles.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) on Bridgewater meeting with Bill Parcells.
- Brett Kollmann (BattleRedBlog) on the Bill O’Brien prototypical QB.
- Doug Farrar (Sports Illustraded) on Ron Jaworski’s thoughts on Manziel.
- Dan Hope (Bleacher Report) identifies the safest pick in 2014 draft.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) says Bridgewater has a lot to prove during his Pro Day.
Loved Manziel as college QB, as electric & exciting as they come. Don’t see him transitioning to NFL successfully. Saying I hate him is dumb
— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) March 9, 2014
I derived some estimated sack data — have Carr at 1.7%, Bridgewater 6.0%, Bortles 5.5%, Murray 3.6%, Manziel 4.0%, Mettenberger 6.8%. — Football Perspective (@fbgchase) March 9, 2014
I think my top-5 QB rankings have been pretty much set in stone for awhile: 1) Bridgewater 2) Bortles 3) Carr 4) Manziel 5) Garoppolo — Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) March 4, 2014
There are five legitimate candidates to go No. 1 to the Texans. They are rushers Clowney & Mack, QBs Bortles & Bridgewater & OT Robinson.
— Rob Rang (@RobRang) March 4, 2014
A handful of evaluators have greater confidence re: Buffalo LB Khalil Mack than Jadeveon Clowney. Mack’s skills, consistency & versatility
— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) March 8, 2014
Who are you more afraid to play against; Clowney or Bridgewater? Because chances are whatever guy we pass on ends up a Jaguar. #Texans
— Mike K (@Zepp1978) March 3, 2014
I feel like Watkins and Manziel are the biggest wildcards inside the top 6 picks. Bortles will fall out of top 7 if he doesn’t go 1st
— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) March 6, 2014
Mock Drafts (some are a few weeks old)
- Mel Kiper Jr. (ESPN) has the Texans taking Manziel.
- Todd McShay (ESPN) has the Texans taking Bortles. (changed from Clowney)
- Erik Galko (Optimum Scouting) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Russ Lande (SportsOnEarth) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Daniel Jeremiah (NFL.com) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Doug Farrar (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Clowney. (changed from Bridgewater)
- Evan Silva (Rotoworld) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Pete Prisco (CBSSports.com) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report) has the Texans taking Clowney. (changed from Bortles)
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Rob Rang (NFLDraftScout) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Walter Cherepinsky (Walter Football) has the Texans taking Bortles.
Follow House Of Houston - @HouseOfHouston
Follow Yoni Pollak - @YoniPollak
Who Do You Want The Texans To Select?
- Jadeveon Clowney (56%, 5 Votes)
- Johnny Manziel (22%, 2 Votes)
- Teddy Bridgewater (11%, 1 Votes)
- Blake Bortles (11%, 1 Votes)
- Other (Specify In Comments) (0%, 0 Votes)
- Trade (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 9