Settle down guys. No, teams aren’t lining up to trade for “Mr. Pick-Six” himself. The Cleveland Browns and Oakland Raiders are among teams expected to show interest in Matt Schaub IF the Texans decide to cut him. And let me tell you something; the Texans BETTER not bring him back to quarterback the Texans in 2014. I won’t even discuss that as a possibility. Check out the rest of the links for more.
His swing got shorter,” hitting coach John Mallee said. “He uses his lower half better. He’s getting the ball up in the air to his pull side now. He’s got great plate discipline and a great eye. He’s got very good command of the strike zone.”
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on Jack Armstrong switching from SP to 1B.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) with many different notes from Reid Ryan.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
Chris Carter reclaims the lead for the Astros with a 3-run HR in the 5th. Now 6-4, Astros.
— Houston Astros (@astros) March 8, 2014
The Rockets returned the favor on national television. They turned their largest loss, 114-81, into perhaps their most satisfying victory with a 59-point turnaround. Now the question is not if the Rockets should extend coach Kevin McHale’s contract but when.
- Adam Wexler (CSN Houston) on Hakeem Olajuwon working with Rockets big men.
- Adam Fromal (Bleacher Report) with 5 reasons you can and can’t believe the Rockets are title contenders.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
If the Rockets go any faster on offense, Nick Saban is going to try to get rules passed to chain them down.
— Sean Pendergast (@SeanCablinasian) March 8, 2014
Moreover, the anchor of the left side of the Texans’ line wasn’t his normal bulky self. Brown intentionally slimmed down heading into 2013, ultimately losing about 12-15 pounds. He was faster and sleeker, improving his range. But he was also thinner and weaker, unable to either plow ahead or maintain his hold during a season that saw the Texans drop 14 consecutive games.
- Brett Kollmann (BattleRedBlog) on teams being interested in Matt Schaub.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) shows us a new jersey look for the Texans.
- Texans tweet of the day…
First step of free agency began this morning. #Texans are better off financially than last year, but I still don’t expect much activity.
— Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) March 8, 2014