In an incredible interview by Kristie Rieken of the Associated Press, Jonathan Singleton opened up about his drug addiction which has started since his early teenager years. Singleton spoke about his constant drug use for much of his career and how he really didn’t want any help with his issue. I’ll stop here and recommend you read the rest of the interview yourself. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Kristie Rieken (AP) on Jonathan Singleton’s drug history.
Singleton is confident he can avoid a relapse by focusing on his opportunity, keeping better company and avoiding bad situations. He calls his life a work in progress and is focused on not being so hard on himself this season.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on Japhet Amador‘s game status.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) with the Astros response to the Singleton story.
- Astros tweet of the day…
4 walks for Springer? I know this probably premature… but when do #Astros playoff tickets go on sale?
— Archbishop Deshaies (@HouCounterplot) March 3, 2014
“Miami is where everybody wants to be. Look, everybody in this league wants to be defending back-to-back champions,” McHale said. “I mean, that’s what you want to be and that’s where they’re at.”
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) with a Rockets injury update.
- CSN Houston (Video) with a sneak peak of the Dwight Howard show, debuting tonight.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
After talking to Dwight Howard after he missed practice, he didn’t appear concerned about his back. Was shooting FT after practice #Rockets
— AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) March 3, 2014
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) on the Texans and the 43-yard extra point.
This rule change would really affect Bullock and the Texans in many ways. He’s proven, at least this past season, he’s not the most reliable kicker in the league, as he had multiple games where he missed more than one field goal attempt.
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on the Texans not using the franchise tag.
- Patrick D. Starr (State Of The Texans) on Texans inquiring about another backup quarterback.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Who are you more afraid to play against; Clowney or Bridgewater? Because chances are whatever guy we pass on ends up a Jaguar. #Texans
— Mike K (@Zepp1978) March 3, 2014