At one point this past summer Daryl Morey thought he may not get Dwight Howard. How did he first respond? He called Mark Cuban and asked about Dirk Nowitzki. Cuban thought Morey was trolling him because he knew the Rockets were getting Howard. It certainly would have been interesting to see a Rockets-killer in Rockets red, but I think I prefer the Rockets the way they are now. Check out the rest of the links for more.
“I moved my hands down around my waist level now, whereas they were by my ears last year,” Cosart said. “It just gives me something more clean to get it out of my glove and get the ball down. I had a lot more angle on my fastball today and I think the feedback with some of the hitters swings (was positive).
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) with many tidbits from the Astros win.
- Ace Feltman (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on what’s important during Spring Training.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Jarred Cosart (@JarredCosart) March 2, 2014
With Parsons playing at a low annual salary of just over $900,000, the Rockets have room for three max or near-max salaries around him. Right now, those slots are for James Harden, Dwight Howard, and a combination of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin who between them take up $16.7 million per year in cap space.
- Dan Favale (Bleacher Report) on Daryl Morey trying to trade for Dirk Nowitzki.
- CSN Houston (Video) with a clip of several NBA mascots dunking during Clutch’s birthday.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Phil Jackson on the Rockets: I think they have a chance to be in the Finals in the West.
— RocketsSocial.com (@Rockets_Social) March 3, 2014
Levine undoubtedly is biased because of the Cougars connection, but his team played last season against Louisville’s Bridgewater and University of Central Florida’s Bortles. Although losing both games, UH prevented either quarterback from throwing a touchdown pass. Levine said Keenum is better than both.
- Connor Barwin (MMQB) on the locker room culture in the NFL.
- Michael Taylor (Toro Times) on Case Keenum being the guy.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Teddy Bridgewater on the #Texans: “I was very impressed with the way that they were so professional the entire meeting.”
— Jerome Solomon (@JeromeSolomon) March 2, 2014