The Houston Astros have purchased two season tickets for the NC State baseball season and I think everyone knows why. CARLOS ______ (insert adjective for amazing) RODON! There’s also Trea Turner who is potential top pick as well, but we all know why the Astros are purchasing tickets for NC State baseball. I think it’s safe to purchase your “Rodon” Astros jerseys even though the Astros will continue scouting other players. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on how the Astros turn analysis into coaching methods.
Fast grew up reading a lot of Bill James as a kid, and he was always fascinated by the physics of baseball. When the PITCHf/x data became publicly available in 2007, he started reading what folks like Joe Sheehan, now an analyst for the Blue Jays, were writing. Then he started blogging about it on his own.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) with many interesting notes on the Astros.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros starting scouting for the #1 overall pic.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Astros fans, welcome @amandarykoff to the Astros! Another awesome off-season acquisition. Our new social media manager.
— Jeff Luhnow (@jluhnow) February 25, 2014
- Michael Burke (Dime Magazine) breaks down why the Rockets will make the NBA Finals.
Why aren’t the Rockets getting attention? I don’t know. Maybe they are and I’m just not seeing it, but it feels like they are being overlooked by most NBA fans, experts, and analysts. What I do know is this: As of this moment, I’m leaning towards picking the Rockets, not the Thunder, to represent the Western Conference in the 2014 NBA Finals.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) says the Rockets success will be tested on the road.
- CSN Houston (Video) with an exclusive on Dwight Howard’s ALl-Star weekend.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
FEAR THE BEARD! James Harden GOES OFF in win over Kings, scoring a season-high 43 points…in just THREE QUARTERS. pic.twitter.com/OrdkFYRwmm
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) February 26, 2014
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) says Jadeveon Clowney can’t outrun his work ethic questions.
Clowney’s intensity level is still being questioned. And no wonder. He recorded only three sacks as a junior last season, and coach Steve Spurrier has questioned his work ethic.
Clowney (6-5½, 266 pounds) excelled in the drills he did at Lucas Oil Stadium, but he declined to do them all, insisting that a sore hip caused him to drop out.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) takes a look at the Texans offseason.
- Patrick D. Starr (StateOfTheTexans) takes a look at the Texans needs this offseason.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Every caller sounds so miserable talking about the Texans. You know we have a basketball team that’s really good right?
— Michael Connor (@MC790) February 25, 2014