According to a source close to Matt Miller (Bleacher Report), the Texans would select Blake Bortles if the draft were today. I’m not totally surprised by the report as several insiders have been high on Bortlesm and more and more are jumping on his bandwagon. Well, good thing the draft isn’t for another 2+ months, because I’m not ready to jump on that train quite yet. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on Jonathan Singleton’s arrival.
“I took time off after the season was over and I kind of just hit the reset button. Just went down there and went to go play ball and have fun. That’s the biggest part, just to go have fun.”
- Kristie Rieken (AP) on Roy Oswalt visiting the Astros at Spring Training.
- Jayne Hansen (What The Heck, Bobby) interviewed special assistant to the GM Enos Cabell.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— MLB Play Index (@BRefPlayIndex) February 20, 2014
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on the Rockets trading away Aaron Brooks for Jordan Hamilton.
Brooks was in his second tour with the Rockets. The guard played for the Rockets from 2007-10 and was the team’s leading scorer in the 2009-10 season with 19.6 points per game. Brooks is one of Houston’s fan favorites and said Tuesday that he was happy to be in Houston.
- RocketsSocial.com interviews Chase Parsons.
- Michael Ma (SpaceCityScoop) on Lakers fans and Dwight Howard’s big game.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
BEST OF LUCK AB! Enjoy the larger role in Denver. See you in H-town April 6th, you’ll hear nothing but applause! pic.twitter.com/mxdC16WEK3
— Houston Rockets Fans (@Rockets_Fans_) February 20, 2014
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on Johnny Manziel’s dedication.
Manziel will be asked every question imaginable about his exploits on and off the field at A&M. It’s part of the evaluation process he says he welcomes.
“There’s nothing that even remotely scares me going into it,” he said last week during a break in his training with Whitfield in San Diego. “They want you to be completely honest.
- Deepi Sidhu (HoustonTexans.com) on Rex Ryan praising Rex Ryan.
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report) says the Texans would draft Blake Bortles if the draft were today.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Licht was not the least bit surprised O’Brien left being a college OC for an entry level NFL job. “He’s got no ego.” #texans
— Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) February 20, 2014