Wade Phillips’ Tweet game has to be in the Top 5, when it comes to Houston sports figures. Earlier today he tweeted out:
I thinking of writing a book. I want to write one on the 3-4 defense for coaches,football geeks and women who want to know about defense.
— Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) February 17, 2014
Umm… yes, please. A book written by Wade Phillips would be nothing short of awesome. Much like his father Bum Phillips, Wade has spit out some great quotes throughout his lifetime. Bum and Wade have the ability to say so much with so little. Let’s take a look:
- “There’s two kinds of coaches, them that’s fired and them that’s gonna be fired.” – Bum Phillips
- “The truth is the truth.” – Wade Phillips
- (Asked by Bob “Pink Eye” Costas why he took his wife on all of the Oilers’ road trips – NFL.com) “Because she’s too ugly to kiss goodbye.” – Bum Phillips
- “I’ve never seen a hammer and tong game like that one.” – Bum Phillips
- “There’s a lot of things you can do that would go in the category of feel-goods, although they would kill me relative to changes. It would be hard, hard for me to do.” – Wade Phillips
- “I’m not saying the guy shouldn’t be fined. I’m just saying I don’t understand the fine system. Because it’s on national TV and the Chicago quarterback got a concussion, now it’s a big fine.” – Wade Phillips
I suspect a book written by Wade Phillips would be simplistic and entertaining. Wade has a sense of humor that you don’t see on the sideline. Wade’s Twitter account shows off that side of him:
To Texan suite sales-I am sorry,but because of recent changes I will Not renew my purchase of a suite.Hope u understand. Wade Phillips — Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) January 6, 2014
Wow-mention Johnny Manziel and it’s instant Big news!
— Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) February 10, 2014
My 3 yr old grand daughter said at the store”Walmart is a dream come true”
— Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) September 20, 2013
So much for Never beat Payton on the road and Never 3-0
— Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) September 24, 2012
utube got the ymca dance–just having fun–wish more people would have fun instead of gripping about everything.
— Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) February 13, 2010
Wade Phillips needs to put pen to paper, or write his entire book 140 characters at a time on Twitter. Somethings that I want to see in Wade’s book, that he would most likely avoid would be:
- His real thoughts on Jerry Jones
- Who’s the best player he’s ever coached
- If he ever got pissed off at Matt Schaub for throwing so many Pick 6s
- His favorite restaurant in Houston
- His favorite memory of coaching along side his dad, Bum
- His real thoughts on Bud Adams
- An epic “One time I got so drunk…” story
- Wade’s thoughts on Miley Cyrus
Hopefully Wade Phillips doesn’t leave us hanging and gets to writing.
Follow House of Houston: @houseofhouston
Follow Marcus Chavez: @marcusdoesurmom