Every Monday as we head towards the NFL Draft, we will have a poll to see which draft prospect you want the Houston Texans to select in May’s NFL Draft. We will bring you the latest articles, tweets, big boards, and mock drafts regarding each prospect as we come closer to the Texans first overall selection.
To check out last week’s articles and poll, click here.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on Manziel.
- Jayson Braddock (SportsTalk790) assesses Bridgewater.
- Chase Goodbread (NFL.com) on Bortles.
- Brendan Leister (DraftBrowns.com) profiles Manziel.
- Sean Pendergast (Houston Press) on the Clowney rule.
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout.com) on the criticism received by Manziel.
- Mac Wolff (HouseOfHouston) says Manziel is the best thing that could happen to Houston.
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on D.J. Swearinger talking up Clowney.
- CSN Houston on Greg Cosell calling Manziel “undraftable”.
While I like Manziel and Greg Robinson quite a bit, Clowney definitely has the elite traits and skill-set that makes him best in the draft
— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) February 11, 2014
My comp for Bridgewater has always been Russell Wilson because of the way both digest/process info and win w/ ability above the neck
— Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) February 13, 2014
Todd McShay on Draft QB’s: Out of Manziel-Bridgewater-Manziel…I like Bortles the most right now from what I’ve seen on film. #SXMSports
— SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) February 11, 2014
#Texans‘ Swearinger acknowledged that he’ll push hard for Clowney. Said having him with Watt would be unstoppable.
— Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) February 13, 2014
Cosell said that based on his study, Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles was the passer he liked most at this time. Not high on JFF.
— Jake L (@Jake_TSV) February 13, 2014
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout)
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report)
- Rob Rang (NFLDraftScout)
- Mel Kiper Jr. (ESPN)
- Todd McShay (ESPN)
- Erik Galko (Optimum Scouting)
- Josh Norris (Rotoworld)
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated)
Mock Drafts (some are a few weeks old)
- Mel Kiper Jr. (ESPN) has the Texans taking Manziel.
- Todd McShay (ESPN) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Erik Galko (Optimum Scouting) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Russ Lande (SportsOnEarth) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Daniel Jeremiah (NFL.com) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Doug Farrar (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Josh Norris (Rotoworld) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Pete Prisco (CBSSports.com) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Rob Rang (NFLDraftScout) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Walter Cherepinsky (Walter Football) has the Texans taking Bortles.
Follow House Of Houston – @HouseOfHouston
Follow Yoni Pollak – @YoniPollak
Who Do You Want The Texans To Select?
- Jadeveon Clowney (36%, 13 Votes)
- Johnny Manziel (31%, 11 Votes)
- Teddy Bridgewater (19%, 7 Votes)
- Trade (11%, 4 Votes)
- Blake Bortles (3%, 1 Votes)
- Other (Specify In Comments) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 36