Though overshadowed by many other events and parties this weekend, Robert Covington put up a great performance at this weekend’s D-League All-Star Game. Covington dropped 33 points to go along with 6 rebounds in 3 steals as he continues to shine in the D-League. Covington is under contract with the Rockets and will continue to shuttle back and forth between Rio Grande and Houston. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the veteran pitchers with the youngsters.
“When you’re older than a lot of the guys, you kind of know that people are going to look to you and see how you do things. I know I always did that when I was younger,” Feldman said. “So I just want to be myself and make sure that I’m a good example for some of the younger guys as well.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on Mark Appel’s recovery.
- Julia Morales (CSN Houston) (Video) of Josh Zeid and Jarred Cosart packing for Spring Training.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
— Houston Astros (@astros) February 16, 2014
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) says you shouldn’t rule out a Rockets trade.
The Rockets are expected to be as active as ever in talks and as likely to make a move by next Thursday’ deadline as they were before their run to the All-Star break.
- Will Grubb (CBS Houston) with 10 observations about the Rockets at the ASB.
- CSN Houston on D-League MVP Robert Convington.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
James Harden is recruiting Kevin Durant to Houston. #Analysis
— Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) February 16, 2014
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on Johnny Manziel’s quest to being selected #1.
Manziel – flamboyant on and off the field – is determined to show the Texans he’s more than just a Heisman Trophy winner with a trademark nickname and more than a prospect whose natural ability can border on brilliance. He wants to demonstrate a laser-like focus and an endless drive for perfection.
By far, strongest comment from Manziel was on #Texans and if they passed him in draft: “It would be the worst decision they’ve ever made.”
— Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) February 14, 2014