Click 2 Houston reported earlier this morning, that someone stole $50k from Ed Reed’s car in Houston.
Houston police are looking for the person who smashed out a window and stole a bag of cash from the front seat of a car belonging to a former Houston Texan.
Investigators told Local 2 the car belonged to Ed Reed, who spent part of last season with the Texans.
Sources say the bag contained $50,000. Reed had gotten the money from a bank down the street and then stopped off at the Bank of America in the 12000 block of Westheimer near the Westpark Tollway.
Hey Ed, I know that feeling, bro. Two weeks ago, I was in a similar situation, when my buddy got his car window busted. The only thing stolen was a bag containing my Chromebook, and a couple of other items that I need in life. I wrote about the dilemma here.
Whether you like Ed Reed or not, you should feel for the guy, and be thankful that he played for the Houston Texans last season. Here are a few reasons why:
- He worked hard for his money. That guy’s brain is never going to be the same after dishing out all of those hits.
- He’s arguably the best safety to ever play in the NFL.
- He trolled the Houston Texans into thinking he was still a good player.
- Ed Reed was one of many small pieces that eventually lead to the Houston Texans getting a new coach.
- Without Ed Reed’s time in Houston, we wouldn’t have pics like this to cherish in our hearts.
- Wade Phillips one liners such as, “The truth is the truth“, wouldn’t exist.
- The Matt Thomas “Ed Reed Update” wouldn’t exist.
- Ed Reed inspired Sean Pendergast to write some very entertaining posts: Ed Reed Gone, the Epilogue: “It All Gets Back to Football” and Ed Reed Update: Rex Ryan’s “Big Strong Man”.
Ed wasn’t so bad. I’m just kind of surprised someone stole money from a man that looks homeless.
Follow Houston of Houston – @HoustonofHouston
Follow Marcus Chavez – @marcusdoesurmom