The Houston media caught up with Andre Johnson yesterday and the first overall pick was one of many topics discussed. When asked what he would do with the first overall pick, Johnson responded by saying he would trade the pick. There is yet to be a consensus first overall pick, and many fans agree with Johnson saying the Texans should trade down. There is still about three months to go until the big day. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Richard Justice (MLB.com) says the Astros hit a home run by brining back Nolan Ryan.
Nolan Ryan brings the Astros something money can’t buy, and that’s credibility. What’s that worth to a franchise? To have him sitting there in the front row of Minute Maid Park on Opening Day is going to bring comfort to fans who desperately want to believe that the worst is over. His arrival is a feel-good moment for a franchise that could use a few of them.
- Houston Chronicle on the Astros honoring both Lance Berkman and Roy Oswalt on April 5th.
- Ryan Dunsmore (Crawfish Boxes) with the Astros 2014 promotional schedule.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Hal Newhouser was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1992, the year he quit as an Astros scout in protest over Jeter. http://t.co/OdAAbxkiSa
— Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) February 12, 2014
- Tom Ziller (SBNation) on Daryl Morey’s decision with Chandler Parsons.
The best part: he costs less than a million bucks this season, and he’s under contract for $964,000 next year. But there’s a catch, and it presents a conundrum that will shape Morey’s offseason work to bolster the Rockets.
- Adam Spolane (CBS Houston) on the best Rockets draft picks in the last 20 years.
- The guys at ESPN First Take (Video) debate James Harden’s status in the NBA.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
This is right up there with that Phoenix home game last year in wildest endings to a Rockets basketball game.
— Rocketgirl (@00rocketgirl) February 13, 2014
- Chase Goodbread (NFL.com) on Clowney’s intent to be pairs with J.J. Watt.
“I love his game,” Clowney said of Watt. “He can help me, and I can help him, hopefully. I’ve watched his game, in situations he gets double teams, triple teams on him, too. That could help me be a bigger factor on that defense.”
- John Breech (CBS Sports.com) with Andre Johnson’s thoughts on the first overall pick.
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) caught up with Andre Johnson.
- Texans tweet of the day…
The official Twitter account of the Houston Texans follows not only Johnny Football, but Drake also. Captivating. pic.twitter.com/DpHqWmYN8H
— NFL on Texans (@NFLOnTexans) February 12, 2014