Every Monday as we head towards the NFL Draft, we will have a poll to see which draft prospect you want the Houston Texans to select in May’s NFL Draft. We will bring you the latest articles, tweets, big boards, and mock drafts regarding each prospect as we come closer to the Texans first overall selection.
To check out last week’s articles and poll, click here.
- Nick Page (DraftBreakdown.com) says Bridgewater is not a O’Brien QB.
- Greg A. Bedard (MMQB) on the Watt-Clowney dilemma.
- Gregg Doyel (CBS Sports) says it’d be absurd if the Texans DON’T take Manziel.
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout.com) on why Bortles makes the most sense.
- Chase Goodbread (NFL.com) on some saying Bortles would be a big mistake.
- Russ Lande (SportsOnEarth) says the Texans are leaning towards Bortles or Manziel.
- Peter Bukowski (Sports Illustrated) on mixed reports from scouts on Clowney.
- Ryan Lownes (Bleacher Report) profiles Bridgewater.
- Mac Wolff (HouseOfHouston) says Manziel is the best thing that could happen.
- NFL Philosophy joined SportsRadio610 to talk about the QB’s in the draft.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) says Clowney would be a great fit with five different teams.
Clowney also adds he won’t have surgery before/after the Combine on his foot. Bone spurs bothered him all season. Can heal without surgery.
— Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) February 6, 2014
Jadeveon Clowney said he just did 23 reps with 225 lbs this morning and he said he would run at combine and hopes for a 4.4.
— Paul Pabst (@PaulPabst) February 6, 2014
George Godsey (#Texans new QB coach) never worked with Blake Bortles personally, so everything is speculation.
— Ryan Lownes (@ryanlownes) February 7, 2014
Report out has Manziel and Bortles atop #Texans draft list. Don’t know if that’s true, but this is: Texans consider JFF a viable 1st pick.
— Mark Passwaters (@themarkup) February 4, 2014
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout)
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report)
- Rob Rang (NFLDraftScout)
- Mel Kiper Jr. (ESPN)
- Todd McShay (ESPN)
- Erik Galko (Optimum Scouting)
- Josh Norris (Rotoworld)
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated)
Mock Drafts (some are a few weeks old)
- Mel Kiper Jr. (ESPN) has the Texans taking Manziel.
- Todd McShay (ESPN) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Erik Galko (Optimum Scouting) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Doug Farrar (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Josh Norris (Rotoworld) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
The Louisville junior is my top-ranked player in the entire draft class. He’s poised in the pocket but shows the athleticism to pull the ball down and make plays with his feet. Pre- and post-snap, he’s intelligent and in command. How many college quarterbacks change the play at the line of scrimmage these days? Not many, but Bridgewater does it. And once the ball is in play, he’s smooth under pressure and shows the touch and ball placement needed to be elite.
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Dane Brugler (NFLDraftScout) has the Texans taking Bortles.
- Rob Rang (NFLDraftScout) has the Texans taking Clowney.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) has the Texans taking Bridgewater.
- Walter Cherepinsky (Walter Football) has the Texans taking Bortles.
Who Do You Want The Texans To Select?
- Teddy Bridgewater (33%, 8 Votes)
- Jadeveon Clowney (25%, 6 Votes)
- Johnny Manziel (21%, 5 Votes)
- Trade (17%, 4 Votes)
- Blake Bortles (4%, 1 Votes)
- Other (Specify In Comments) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 24