- Jeff Sullivan (FanGraphs) on the George Springer experiment.
Among the brightest of potential stars is 24-year-old George Springer. The former first-round pick ought to debut somewhere in 2014, and Springer is nearly the perfect prospect. He has plenty of power, as evidenced by last year’s 37 home runs. He has plenty of discipline, as evidenced by last year’s 83 walks. He has plenty of speed, as evidenced by last year’s 45 stolen bases. Defensively, he’s a center fielder who could stick there. He has range and he has an arm, and though he’s not unusually young for his level, he’s right on track to be a core asset. There’s just one thing that Springer is missing, and he’s missing it in spades.
- David Barron (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros appeal and what it means to the CSN case.
- Patrick Creighton (CBS Houston) says the best chance to watch the Astros and Rockets is for CSN Houston to fail.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
— Jarred Cosart (@JarredCosart) February 9, 2014
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on Terrence Jones’ selection to Rising Stars game.
“I saw it on Twitter and was just really happy,” Jones, 22, said. “I’m excited to be able to play in that game and to be at All-Star Weekend.”
- John Royal (Houston Press) on the Rockets NOT being innocent.
- CSN Houston (Video) on Harden and Howard paying homage to Allen Iverson.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
Watching Rockets warm-ups on CSN. Omer Asik is actually smiling and laughing with his teammates. All is right with the world.
— David Weiner (@BimaThug) February 9, 2014
- Graham Rogers (Toro Times) says the Texans will take Clowney.
It doesn’t take a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady to win the Superbowl. It just takes a stout ‘D’ and a competent quarterback. This leads me to believe that our beloved Houston Texans are going to take Jadeveon Clowney as the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.
- Paul Gallant (Sports Radio 610) says the Texans NEED to take a QB at #1 overall.
- Ultimate Texans (Houston Chronicle) on Bob McNair’s donation to HBU.
- Texans tweet of the weekend…
— ClutchFans (@clutchfans) February 9, 2014