The University Of Miami Hurricanes will elect Andre Johnson to their Sports Hall Of Fame. Johnson won a national championship with the Hurricanes in 2003, and was also a track star for the them. Everyone knows the impact of Andre Johnson on the field. The All-Pro wide receiver holds several NFL records and is likely on his way to the NFL Hall Of Fame as well. What is arguably more important is his impact off the field. He has held many charity events and gives away thousands of dollars of his own money to many events geared towards children. Congrats Johnson, and keep doing what you do best both on and off the field! Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) says a 1-day contract for Berkman would be quite complicated.
The Astros will honor the recently retired Lance Berkman this season. Going as far as giving out an actual one-day contract so he can “ retire as an Astro” might be a stretch, though — not because Berkman doesn’t deserve it, but because it’s a complicated affair.
- Danny Wild (MiLB.com) does a Q&A with Carlos Correa.
- Sporting News ranks Astros farm system #1.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Houston Astros (@astros) February 6, 2014
- Chris Baldwin (Houston Culture Map) on Jeff Van Gundy’s comments regarding Asik.
“He’s basically holding the Houston Rockets hostage because he’s not starting,” Van Gundy said of Asik in a recent national TV rant. “I don’t care what anyone says — he’s still not unable to play. And it’s wrong.”
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on what’s ahead for the Rockets.
- Michael Ma (Space City Scoop) on Grant Hill selecting Terrence Jones for the Rising Stars game.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
Harden on Asik: “People forget about how good he is just because he’s been out…..he’s going to help our team get to another level.”
— Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) February 7, 2014
- Patrick D. Starr (State of the Texans) on Andre Johnson being elected to the University of Miami Sports Hall Of Fame.
Johnson attended the University of Miami and played from 2000-2002 where he posted 92 receptions and 1,831 yards with 20 touchdowns. He was the Co-MVP with quarterback Ken Dorsey in the 2002 Rose Bowl in their win over Nebraska. The talented wide receiver also excelled for the Hurricanes in Track and Field, where he won the Big East Indoor Championships in the 60 meter dash (6.81 seconds) and the Big East Outdoor Championship in the 100 meter dash (10.59) in 2002.
- Dale Robertson (Houston Chronicle) talks about Wade Phillips saying the Texans should take Manziel.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) asks if Antonio Smith is done with the Texans.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Not only is Andre Johnson the greatest player in Texans history, he’s always done a lot in the community, especially for kids.
— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) February 6, 2014
Follow House Of Houston – @HouseofHouston