Russ Lande (SportsOnEarth) says that the Texans appear to be leaning towards either Blake Bortles or Johnny Manziel. I’d personally dislike a Bortles selection if taken #1 overall. I can get behind Bortles if the Texans decided to trade down for him, but I can’t get behind Bortles at #1 quite yet. Manziel on the other hand….SIGN ME UP! Check out the rest of the links for more!
- David Barron (Houston Chronicle) with the latest on the CSN situation.
A federal bankruptcy judge Tuesday placed the parent company of Comcast SportsNet Houston under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, clearing the way for the start of what could be a contentious, complicated path to make the troubled regional sports network a financially profitable concern.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on the Astros launching a new RBI League in Houston.
- MLB Network Radio (Sound) spoke with George Springer about his 2014 outlook.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Clearly, this shapes up at the moment as a win for Comcast’s and the Rockets’ points of view and a setback for the Astros’ arguments.
— David Barron (@dfbarron) February 4, 2014
- Henry Abbot (ESPN) on James Harden settling in as a star.
It was an off day in mid-January, and Harden was in full NBA-leading-man mode. It’s not just that the iconic global brand on his chin was being groomed. It’s routine offseason trips to Asia on behalf of sneaker companies, his status as a shoo-in All-Star, his highlight-ready score-from-anywhere game, his flirting with the unofficial “NBA’s best shooting guard” title. On top of all that, Harden had a reporter on speakerphone and an assortment of “people” hovering at the ready — from Foot Locker, from various agencies — to fetch things or chime in to protect Harden, the beard or the brand, as necessary.
- Michael Ma (RocketsSocial) (Video) on Jeremy Lin appearing on NBA TV’s NBA Inside Stuff.
- Philip Pyle (SpaceCityScoop) on the new James Harden commercial.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
When Terrence Jones is active defensively, the Rockets play well. They are 10-2 this season when Terrence Jones records 3 or more blocks.
— Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) February 5, 2014
- Gregg Doyel (CBS Sports) says the Texans MUST take Manziel.
Having the No. 1 overall draft choice, in Houston, in the exact year that the south Texas supernova known as Johnny F—ing Football has entered the draft? That takes all the pressure off the Texans, because there is no other choice. In part, because there is no other choice.
- Russ Lande (SportsOnEarth) plays “GM for a day” with the Texans.
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustraded) on the Texans taking either Bortles or Manziel.
- Texans tweet of the day…
If I had to bet money I would bet on bortles. He likes his size and arm and he played under O’Leary who was a big mentor for O’Brien
— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) February 4, 2014