The Baltimore Ravens have officially hired former Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak. Kubiak will serve as the team’s offensive coordinator and will bring along Rick Dennison as the Ravens new quarterback’s coach. During his press conference didn’t talk about the Texans, but did mention that he’s feeling much better. Kubiak and the Ravens will visit the Texans in 2014. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on new pitching coach Brent Strom.
“I was hesitant about taking the job, because I was really happy doing what I was doing with the Cardinals,” Strom said. “It allowed me to get home (to Arizona often). I was with a good organization. They treated me great. We had some success there. I’m 65 years old. I was in the fourth quarter of my career. … It’s kind of like one of the NBA games where the clock’s winding down and people just stand there and the guy dribbles it, the officials and people walk off the court.”
- Cory Hepola (CSN Houston) (Video) quizzes Chris Carter and Paul Clemens on last year’s Astros.
- Ace Feltman (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on 2014 still being a season full of tryouts.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— MLBcathedrals (@MLBcathedrals) January 27, 2014
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on the Rockets inconsistent play.
The Rockets had their highest point total Jan. 20 with a 126-113 win over one of the league’s best, Portland. They had their lowest point total of the season 10 days before that in an 83-80 loss to Atlanta.
- Phillip Pyle (Space City Scoop) chooses his three worst Rockets draft choices.
- Forrest Walker (Red94) on the state of Houston’s assets.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
With a win on Tuesday, the Rockets would win the season series vs. SA for first time since 96-97, when Tim Duncan was a Wake Forest senior.
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) January 27, 2014
- Patrick D. Starr (State Of The Texans) on the four pieces of the Texans offseason.
The Houston Texans are coming off one of the most embarrassing seasons in team history and the upcoming off-season is full questions and speculation. Newly anointed Head Coach Bill O’Brien has made his presence felt since he arrived, and now with the Super Bowl coming in less than a week, the new league year will be closing in.
- Dale Robertson (Houston Chronicle) on the Ravens hiring Gary Kubiak as OC.
- Zach Abramowitz (Reply All) talks with Eric Winston on the Richard Sherman fiasco, the Texans, and much more.
- Texans tweet of the day..
Texans fans are hanging up billboards in Houston. They want to draft Johnny Football No. 1 -> http://t.co/yn36zDSp44
— ESPN (@espn) January 27, 2014