Every Monday as we head towards the NFL Draft, we will have a poll to see which draft prospect you want the Houston Texans to select in May’s NFL Draft. We’ll bring you the latest articles, tweets, videos, and mock drafts regarding each prospect as we come closer to the Texans first overall selection.
To check out last week’s article and poll, click here.
- Erik Galko (Sporting News) on why the Texans and other may pass on Manziel.
- Mike Huguenin (CBS Sports) on Bridgewater readying himself for the draft.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo Sports) spoke to six players on how to stop Manziel.
- Chris Burke (SI) spoke with Clowney who wants to be the first overall pick.
- Dan Greenspan (CBS Sports) spoke with Chris Wienke who says Bridgewater is a perfect fit for the NFL.
- Matt Goldstein (Bleacher Report) on why Bridgewater is a perfect fit in Houston.
- Chris Burke (SI) on Clowney expecting to put up HUGE numbers at the combine.
- Peter Bukowski (SI) spoke with several scouts about Bridgewater.
Sorry to repeat, but this won’t change. My top two prospects in the draft will be: 1) Teddy Bridgewater 2) Jadeveon Clowney
— Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) January 24, 2014
I’m convinced the people knocking Teddy Bridgewater’s personality have a) never talked to him and b) never watched him play.
— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) January 24, 2014
RG3’s build compounded with his injuries might actually hurt Teddy Bridgewater. He is shorter and has similar thin frame. #Texans
— James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) January 23, 2014
Jadeveon Clowney sounds much more excited about the combine than he did the season. And I don’t blame him. It’s more important.
— Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny) January 19, 2014
Mock Drafts (some are a few weeks old)
- Mel Kiper Jr. (ESPN) has the Texans taking Johnny Manziel.
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report) has the Texans taking Teddy Bridgewater.
- Matt Smith (NFL.com) has the Texans taking Jadeveon Clowney.
He’s the best player in the draft. … Rafael Palmeiro-style “Period!” He makes that defense straight-up terrifying. Bill O’Brien made it work at Penn State with a walk-on (Matt McGloin) so I suspect he’ll give it a go with Schaub for a year and take a QB project in the later rounds, say Derek Carr or Zach Mettenberger.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) has the Texans taking Teddy Bridgewater.
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Teddy Bridgewater.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo Sports) has the Texans taking Jadeveon Clowney.
- Dane Brugler (CBS Sports) has the Texans taking Blake Bortles.
Losing the final 14 games of last season, the Texans deserve this top spot. But despite the forgettable season, Houston isn’t a complete re-build and new head coach Bill O’Brien inherits a roster that only needs a few tweaks. If the Texans keep this pick, it would be a surprise if they went in any other direction but quarterback and while Teddy Bridgewater seems to be the favorite, don’t count out Bortles here.
- Walter Cherepinsky (Walter Football) has the Texans taking Teddy Bridgewater.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) collected several other mock drafts.
Who Do You Want The Texans To Select?
- Teddy Bridgewater (46%, 50 Votes)
- Jadeveon Clowney (28%, 30 Votes)
- Johnny Manziel (10%, 11 Votes)
- Trade (9%, 10 Votes)
- Blake Bortles (6%, 7 Votes)
- Other (Specify In Comments) (1%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 108