Dwight Howard will return to Team USA and potentially play for the team during the 2014 World Cup in Spain. Howard hasn’t played for the team since 2008 when he won a gold medal in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. The All-Star center has been spending his summers doing his own thing for the last six years, but it appears he wants to represent his country this summer and in 2016 for the Summer Olympics in Brazil. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) with the details of the Astros missing out on Tanaka.
Luhnow said he flew to Los Angeles with owner Jim Crane and seven-time Cy Young Award winner Roger Clemens to meet with Tanaka. The Astros, who met with Tanaka and his representatives on Jan. 8, were the first team to talk to him when he was in the U.S.
- Jayne Hansen (WhatTheHeckBobby?) on not signing Tanaka.
- Astros County on the Astros not signing Tanaka.
- Astrost tweet of the day…
— Sarah Lane (@sg_lane) January 22, 2014
- Kirk Goldsberry (Grantland) on James Harden and free throws.
James Harden is one of the smartest on-court players in the NBA. Perhaps more than anyone else, he understands the rules of the game and has engineered an approach to scoring that takes full advantage of these rules. It may not always be pretty (although sometimes it is), but it is almost always productive. Between his Eurostep and his incredible ability to get fouled, Harden might be a referee’s nightmare, but he’s also one of the best scorers in the league.
- Adrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo Sports) on Dwight Howard playing for Team USA.
- Michael Ma (Space City Scoop) on the Rockets being the 6th most valuable NBA franchise.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Kris M Gardner (@TheHRReview) January 23, 2014
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on Romeo Crennel.
Then it was the media’s turn. Crennel said he had time for a few questions. His answers proved what was obvious before he began speaking – the Texans’ new defensive coordinator is still in the first stage of figuring out his new employer and environment. But the responses also displayed the professionalism and respect the 66-year-old Crennel has long commanded in the league.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) on Pepper Johnson potentially joining the Texans.
- Deepi Sidhu (Houston Texans) with comments from Bill Belichick on the Texans and O’Brien.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Funny that all of the sources telling them Teddy isn’t a #1 overall guy also say JFF isn’t a 1st rounder. It’s just noise right now. #Texans
— Mike K (@Zepp1978) January 22, 2014