Though the Rockets won and Patrick Beverley was a +26 while on the court, Beverley didn’t think he did a great job. “Damian Lillard had 24 points. I didn’t think I did so well,” said Beverley who finished with 17 points of his own on the night. Beverley’s tenacity and high motor were in full effect during his first game back in action, and the Rockets will need that continue as they head into the second half of their season. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Bernie Pleskoff (MLB.com) on Japhet Amador.
Amador is a first-base prospect with seven years of experience playing in the Mexican League. His career batting average is .320, and he has hit 112 home runs.
Before I describe Amador, it is important to note that the Mexican League is Triple-A baseball, but the teams have no affiliation with Major League clubs
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on the Astros first day on the caravan.
- Jayne Hansen (WhatTheHeckBobby) looks at the Astros minor league depth at first base.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Steve Grande (@AstrosGrande) January 21, 2014
- Michael Ma (Space City Scoop) on the point guard rotation.
Beverley’s return allows for coach Kevin McHale to go back to rotation that he decided to implement at the beginning of the season, which was to start the defensive spark plug in Beverley, and bringing Jeremy Lin off the bench to serve as the offensive spark.
- Patrick Harrel (TheDreamShake) on Terrence Jones.
- Bill Ingram (BasketballInsiders) on the return of Patrick Beverley
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Hiren Joshi (@htown747) January 21, 2014
- Sean Pendergast (Houston Press) on the many firings of Texans staff.
So after a regular season that saw Matt Schaub benched, Ed Reed cut, and Gary Kubiak fired, followed by a post season that saw Wade Phillips, Rick Dennison, and most of the assistant coaches get blown out, I think most people thought that this would be the crew that Bob McNair would roll with, in positions both public (head coach and general manager) and private (all the behind the scenes football operations folks).
- Mike Meltser (SportsRadio610) took a look at the all the Houston Texans roster holes.
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) with 10 facts about Romeo Crennel.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) January 20, 2014